Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Another thing btw, he's still only 22 which is a relatively young age. In that respect, he is still learning...

Going to Man Utd probably halted his development too tbh.

He's fucking dogshit. I'd loan him to a championship club in the hope he could develope a set of knackers there, but that's unrealistic tbh.

We should have signed Dwain Chambers, similar attributes.

• 1 month later...

I Don't know how reliable this source is, but this was posted recently:

Laudrup coy on Obertan

Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup has refused to be drawn on reports linking him with Newcastle United winger Gabriel Obertan.

Obertan joined Newcastle from Manchester United last season for an undisclosed fee but found life difficult on Tyneside, eventually losing his place to compatriot Hatem Ben Arfa.

Laudrup is seeking out new midfield options, with Joe Allen on the brink of joining Liverpool, and it is being claimed Obertan is high on his list of targets.

When asked about a deal for Obertan following Swansea's 4-2 friendly victory over Blackpool on Tuesday, Laudrup said: "Speculation about players coming in, I don't want to comment on that.

"It is better for me to say I don't comment on rumours. I can comment on things about our players as it is different.

"When something is near or is done then you can ask me all you want."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/164191.html?CMP=OTC-RSShttp://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/164191.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Pretty ironic if he ends up forcing Routledge out. Wonder which Championship club he'll wind up at in January this time. Blackburn? Forest?

Routledge was pretty decent at Swansea last season, wasn't he?

Having seen both of them at Newcastle I'm pretty sure I'd have Routledge over Obertan.

Pretty ironic if he ends up forcing Routledge out. Wonder which Championship club he'll wind up at in January this time. Blackburn? Forest?

Wouldn't mind Sinclair in a swap deal? (that fast fella)

as a dane laudrup might be my all time favorite...but as a manager im not sure he is that good. swansea will be a big challenge for him.

I would like us to sell obertan no matter what coz he will never step up and become a starting player for us. Would rather try something young and new as arfa´s cover.

Swansea will probably be good for him....but im afraid laudrup will fail.

as a dane laudrup might be my all time favorite...but as a manager im not sure he is that good. swansea will be a big challenge for him.

I would like us to sell obertan no matter what coz he will never step up and become a starting player for us. Would rather try something young and new as arfa´s cover.

Obertan is only 23 to be fair. Not exactly old.

Obertan is only 23 to be fair. Not exactly old.

didn´t say he was. but cant see him develop into anything special. he is missing so many things in his game that i dont believe in him. if not selling then loan him out for 2 seasons. not good enough now to get many minutes imo.

rather we found someone else tbh

Guest Stephen927

I Don't know how reliable this source is, but this was posted recently:

Laudrup coy on Obertan

Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup has refused to be drawn on reports linking him with Newcastle United winger Gabriel Obertan.

Obertan joined Newcastle from Manchester United last season for an undisclosed fee but found life difficult on Tyneside, eventually losing his place to compatriot Hatem Ben Arfa.

Laudrup is seeking out new midfield options, with Joe Allen on the brink of joining Liverpool, and it is being claimed Obertan is high on his list of targets.

When asked about a deal for Obertan following Swansea's 4-2 friendly victory over Blackpool on Tuesday, Laudrup said: "Speculation about players coming in, I don't want to comment on that.

"It is better for me to say I don't comment on rumours. I can comment on things about our players as it is different.

"When something is near or is done then you can ask me all you want."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/164191.html?CMP=OTC-RSShttp://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/164191.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Take notes Harry Redknapp.

Think Obertan's problems start because he hasn't got either the acceleration or balance required to beat his man.

He does have a good first touch though, but has probably wasted too much time trying to become Cristiano Ronaldo when he should have been trying to be James Milner

Guest loven Mag 11

Excuse me, Mr Obertan, but that goal and the cross pulled back to the edge of the box after doing step overs were something i expected every week from you  :hmm: Looks like this is your level then  :( Or you checked Fifa before the game and seen your a 71 rated premier league player and they are 60 rated league 1 players, so used this as your reason to shine maybe? :frantic:

Think Obertan's problems start because he hasn't got either the acceleration or balance required to beat his man.

He does have a good first touch though, but has probably wasted too much time trying to become Cristiano Ronaldo when he should have been trying to be James Milner

:undecided:

not the first things that come to my mind when i think of obertan tbh

i remember last season a LOT of his touches were so fucking frustrating

I reckon his touch is quite good most of the time. Did seem to struggle to pull the ball out of the air now and then though

Hes certainly fast at top speed but I really don't think hes fast over 5 yards from a standing start, which is what matters really.

Guest firetotheworks

He's the typical 'it's all in his head'player. He has it, but doesn't use it anywhere near enough. The 23 year old Shola of the wing basically.

“Gabby Obertan, when he came on, looks in a lot better place than when he ended the season.

“Remember he started the season brilliantly, and he’s doing that again.

“He’s putting pressure on Jonas and Hatem.

“That’s what you want. In the wide areas, we look very strong.”

Id say he even has a good first touch, but he is abysmal when it comes to making decisions, and then he hit the wall in terms of confidence and then suddenly his bad touches started coming more and more often. Basically, I reckon he is a good squad player if we can keep him happy on the bench, but £5mil or more, and id say we could take the profit and just find a new winger...(reliant on Marveaux being more injury-free)

Might aswell sell Harper for 20M while we're at it.

if youre on about the money being unrealistic;

http://www.wolvesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Fletcher-300x247.jpg