Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Would be interesting to see how he goes in Ba's position on the left of a front three...

In the same way it would be interesting to discover what it feels like to have your toenails ripped out with a pair of pliers.

:spit:

I feel a bit sorry for him that his spell in the team ended when he was starting to actually improve, his goal wasn't bad and had started actually getting assists. That said no chance he should make the team atm, late sub if we need pace perhaps

• 2 months later...
Guest Recoba

Probably going to to get murdered here, perhaps deservedly so, but I reckon Obertan would make a better striker than he does a winger.

With Cisse/Ba suffering potential Olympic/ACON duties, Shola being Shola and Sammy being probably our only other striking option I could see Pardew giving him as try at some point.

Obertan has played as a 9 on a few rare occaisions for Man U reserves, and our reserves, and done ok from what I have seen, running the channels, holding the ball up.

Still certain we will bring another young striker in though, whether De Jong comes off or not.

Probably going to to get murdered here, perhaps deservedly so, but I reckon Obertan would make a better striker than he does a winger.

With Cisse/Ba suffering potential Olympic/ACON duties, Shola being Shola and Sammy being probably our only other striking option I could see Pardew giving him as try at some point.

Obertan has played as a 9 on a few rare occaisions for Man U reserves, and our reserves, and done ok from what I have seen, running the channels, holding the ball up.

Still certain we will bring another young striker in though, whether De Jong comes off or not.

The next Thierry Henry.

That the third time in a few hours I've been unable to resist this question: "You do realise the transfer window is still open do you?"

You read my post in the de Jong thread didn't you!  :cheesy:

A Pardew-inspired renaissance is on the way tbh.

How many is he good for?

Thousands

Be nice if Xisco could be on the receiving end.

Funny if Ashley is trollin' us and Xisco is meant to replace Best in the line-up.

Guest Recoba

sorry AlPal hadnt read your post and wasnt trying to steal your glory!

I would give Obertan a try up front at some point.

I reckon he will come good, more in a Perch/Raylor/Guthrie way but will be rated as a better squad player than he currently is. Also agree he would work better in that front 3 we play best with, he won't be knocking any of them out of the side (obviously) but when required I can see him coming in and doing a half decent job.

Guest Recoba

sorry AlPal hadnt read your post and wasnt trying to steal your glory!

I would give Obertan a try up front at some point.

Colo in midfield for me like.

Thing is Colo is good in defense.  Obertan isnt a good winger.  Makes sense to rry something else.

Guest bimpy474

Obertan has to overcome the main problem in his game that is, his brain is a mere 20 seconds behind the rest of him.

Hope for him ? mabye, i hold the same hope that Mrs bimpy will lose ten stone and a least not destroy another sofa this year.