Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

You forgot THAT other cross when he got to the byline and then nearly whacked it all the way out of the stadium.

Ah right. Or THAT move where he passed the ball to Sammy who wasn't looking then held his hands up like WTF.

You forgot THAT other cross when he got to the byline and then nearly whacked it all the way out of the stadium.

Ah right. Or THAT move where he passed the ball to Sammy who wasn't looking then held his hands up like WTF.

That was Sammy's fault to be honest.

Feel for the kid tbh.

Must be awful when so many clowns at the match are on his back when he makes his first mistake. HBA had a rotten second half and nobody muttered a complaint but when Obertan messed up he was butchered. So many dickheads at SJP these days, depressing.

Feel for the kid tbh.

Must be awful when so many clowns at the match are on his back when he makes his first mistake. HBA had a rotten second half and nobody muttered a complaint but when Obertan messed up he was butchered. So many dickheads at SJP these days, depressing.

should may well have started, if we are to play 4-3-3 with ben arfa on the left. either way we arent helped if NONE  of the middle 3 get forward in support.

Guest neesy111

Feel for the kid tbh.

Maybe if he looked like giving 100% would help.  The way he walked back on the pitch when we were nearing the corner flag and uninterested in giving HBA any help was pathetic.

Feel for the kid tbh.

The only stick I heard him getting was after numerous instances of him being shit and I don't think he'll have heard it.  Towards the end I couldn’t keep quiet and was shouting at him, again, he wouldn’t have heard me either.

He wasn't good enough today and that is down to him, nobody else.

Feel for the kid tbh.

The only stick I heard him getting was after numerous instances of him being s*** and I don't think he'll have heard it.  Towards the end I couldn’t keep quiet and was shouting at him, again, he wouldn’t have heard me either.

He wasn't good enough today and that is down to him, nobody else.

thing is we want him to get wide and get the ball in the box....to who ? until we get midfielders looking like they want to hit the area he's never going to look anything.

thing is we want him to get wide and get the ball in the box....to who ? until we get midfielders looking like they want to hit the area he's never going to look anything.

The two moves that really pissed me off were firstly when he was on the left and passed the ball sideways which went straight to a West Brom player.  The next one was when he was on the right and had one of our players in front of him while he was running with the ball.  He stopped dead and passed the ball backwards when we could have broke on them and we were looking for a second goal.

The two moves that really p*ssed me off were firstly when he was on the left and passed the ball sideways which went straight to a West Brom player.  The next one was when he was on the right and had one of our players in front of him while he was running with the ball.  He stopped dead and passed the ball backwards when we could have broke on them and we were looking for a second goal.

passing ther ball to their players ? our entire team done that all second half, why pick him out ?

I thought he wasnt that bad. Got into better positions in the front third than any other player in our team. I dont mind msitakes in the front third, my bone to pick with Gabby is the misplaced passes on the halfway line or deep in our own half.

The two moves that really p*ssed me off were firstly when he was on the left and passed the ball sideways which went straight to a West Brom player.  The next one was when he was on the right and had one of our players in front of him while he was running with the ball.  He stopped dead and passed the ball backwards when we could have broke on them and we were looking for a second goal.

passing ther ball to their players ? our entire team done that all second half, why pick him out ?

The thread title is a clue.

jekyll and hyde again. Did some great things and some bloody woeful things. Kinda the measure of the man at the moment. I think he is improving albeit at a snails pace. Don't really see why anyone should be getting on his back for todays performance, he was no shittier than the rest of the team that was on the pitch when he came on.

He does need some composure. He and Sammy are similar imo, except wor Sammy has the guts to give things more of a go and the confidence to pull it off. I don't know what it will take to get Gabby back to that, think the ship might have sailed. Talents there if our coaches can inspire him and unlock that gigantic pandoras box of a head.

Guest firetotheworks

Feel for the kid tbh.

Tbf, those clowns have seen Ben Arfa score from runs that started on the halfway line and saw him surrounded by 3 players in the first half, skin them and put in a class ball. I don't agree with getting on player's backs, but Ben Arfa has bought that leeway, Obertan hasn't.

Obertan deserved some leeway after his midweek performance. Yesterday his first mistake was met with a chorus of groans and in some instances, idiotic abuse.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, to an extent. People are idiots though. Some tit behind me wanted everyone to know that he thought Sammy was shite. Dick.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The kid is an abomination of a player, however,it dosnt help that that there is a collective groan everytime he appears!

He is almost scared to pass the ball! There was a moment in the 2nd half where he gave Sammy a hospital ball by the dugout as he just wanted rid of the thing

Its fair to say Sameobi offered more yesterday. Of the 2 good opportunities Obertan has yesterday, both excellent goal scoring positions, one went for a throw in and one was rifled at Cisse at such pace from 10 yards he couldn't guide it goal wards for the simplest of finishes. Im happy for Obertan to be used exclusively in the cups to be honest.

I'd say his performance was more 'frusrating' than 'shit'. I'd argue the reason a lot on here get at him so much is because he clearly has the potential to be quite handy but just as you think he may do something great, he stuffs it up, a prime example being the bullet cross to Cisse. I don't rate him that highly but the only way he's going to improve is with serious game time, so it's a circular argument to say he's useless and then boo him roundly when he gets any action.

I think with some confidence and a bit of improvement as regards decision making and final ball he'd be a useful sqaud player.

I also think a lot of players in that side yesterday had much worse games, including Ben Arfa, who has underperformed for a month or so.