Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Other than an almost complete lack of tracking back he looks more of a threat than Jonas. Seriously, those criticising him need to truly compare the offensive side of Jonas's game with his. His movement is on the whole better and he has quicker feet. He's only had a few games to find those feet too as compared to Jonas.

Don't get this at all. Jonas actually had a couple of shots today. Alright, they didn't go in, but i mean - he was in a position to shoot. I wouldn't say his movement is better, either. At least Jonas can beat a man. I counted once from Obertan today. I just said to my Dad after the game had finished "he's like Jonas on an off-day." As for quick feet; he might have more step-overs in his locker than Gutierrez does, but people often mistake Jonas' languid, daddy-long-legs style of play for a lack of control. He actually keeps control of the ball extremely well.

Don't really understand your (recent?) dislike of Jonas.

While I think he's been a lot better than he's got credit for, I just don't see him or Jonas providing enough goals or assists to justify them both starting. Marveaux looks like he has a lot better end product and we need that in our side. Obertan would be useful from the bench, but at this point I think Jonas should still be ahead of him to start games.

Guest Dontooner

Looks better after each game.....never replace a player that get better after each game.

I say keep him in the team till his form drops however we dont really have a replacement for Obertan as Jonas doesnt impress on the right either....and Sammy plays on the left.

Unless the other midfield players(Vuck,Gosling etc) learn how to run at players as like Obertan and Jonas we dont have a righted sided winger to keep the oppositions under pressure.

Possibly Santon? if we are abundant else where

Give the lad a chance, he looks willing to improve and desperate to play( i like hungry players)

On the note of him being skillful and being able to beat his markers easily...i would beg to defer as he uses his pace to dribble....(pushing the ball one direction and running...) He needs lessons in dribbling while running with the ball with pace. He runs in straight lines while good dribblers leans into a direction while operating at their fastest pace.

Good luck to the lad as he is trying...

This lad really does prove that football is a completely different for everyone watching. Don't think he has played a single game for us where It hasn't been pretty much 50/50 between "thought he was quite decent" and " he is a fucking abortion of a martian footballer".

This lad really does prove that football is a completely different for everyone watching. Don't think he has played a single game for us where It hasn't been pretty much 50/50 between "thought he was quite decent" and " he is a fucking abortion of a martian footballer".

I saw him completely skin his man at least twice today which impressed me, but I can't help thinking he's not a 'proper' footballer.  Doesn't seem to have much footballing intelligence or awareness of what's going on around him.  He's certainly a more than adequate squad player, just shouldn't be in our first 11 at the minute.

I saw him completely skin his man at least twice today which impressed me, but I can't help thinking he's not a 'proper' footballer.  Doesn't seem to have much footballing intelligence or awareness of what's going on around him.  He's certainly a more than adequate squad player, just shouldn't be in our first 11 at the minute.

:thup: