Erik Pieters

Dave

Sounds to me like we're going to let this go right down to the wire. My guess is we are hoping to get Cissokho and are hoping Lyon cave on the price at the last minute and if they don't we will get Pieters instead as he is cheaper.

Guest BooBoo

There'll be a bid on the table but we won't be increasing it. I'm guessing it will be whether PSV accept it or decide to stick with an unhappy player.

If we where a normal club, i would say we went in for him,then realised Cissokho was interested in coming here, and tried/still trying to get him in, so we have put Pieters on the back burner in case we don't get Cissokho.

Sounds to me like we're going to let this go right down to the wire. My guess is we are hoping to get Cissokho and are hoping Lyon cave on the price at the last minute and if they don't we will get Pieters instead as he is cheaper.

This would be logical if the people running the club weren't mentally retarded. Not happening though.

The PSV game is showing on ESP now. Got to say Pieters looks very impressive going forward, playing almost as a left midfielder in the opening 15 mins.

He's done so almost every match since we've been linked to him.

The PSV game is showing on ESP now. Got to say Pieters looks very impressive going forward, playing almost as a left midfielder in the opening 15 mins.

He's done so almost every match since we've been linked to him.

Dutch football is weird, everyone seems to pile forward apart from one or two defenders. They'd get raped on the break in a better league.

So fuck all like sicko's scouting report then? Shock.

His scouting report sounds like crap. Pieters looks like he's quick enough to me, I'm sure sicko was saying he'd get done for pace in the premier. I don't think so.

So f*** all like sicko's scouting report then? Shock.

His scouting report sounds like crap. Pieters looks like he's quick enough to me, I'm sure sicko was saying he'd get done for pace in the premier. I don't think so.

I said that may well become a problem. Couldn't/can't say anything for sure as it didn't really happen a lot, but got caught out a couple of times by the speedy Verhoek.

http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item/206038/PSV-laat-back-Pieters-niet-naar-Newcastle-vertrekken.htm

Erik Pieters will definitely not leave PSV and Newcastle United. That Marcel Brands, technical manager of PSV, the left wing defender in person to know.

The English club had extensive interest in the Dutch international. Manager Alan Pardew looked at left back recently and was very impressed by his qualities. The Magpies were preparing a bid, but PSV have already announced not to accept an offer from Newcastle.

Peter himself has expressed itself in the decision of PSV down.

I really hop Pieters is still our main man and the one we end up signing.

I would be happy just to get a left back in, but given the choice of the three Pieters, Cissokho and Santon I'd go for Pieters. A club should always aim for players that takes a step to something instead of from. Santon is not rated by Inter and would take a step down to us. Cissokho would take a step down moving from Lyon to us. Going to us from PSV is more of a step up I reckon.