Erik Pieters

Dave

Hope we go back in for him, or similar grade, moving Santon to the right. Be ace to have a truly solid back four.

It is not truely solid now?

Nope

Moving Santon (not yet played a minute for our first team) to the right and buying another left back is rapidly becoming the new play Coloccini in midfield.

I thought playing Santon in midfield was the new Coloccini in midfield?

Seen a lot of critizism of him today (especially before the cross). Seems to be the consensus that he is the weak link in the team. Watched him quite a few times myself and he did alright, but mainly because PSV dominated the games. Got found out a couple of times defensively by speedy players. Not sure if he's solid enough defending tbh.

Guest Heneage

Moving Santon (not yet played a minute for our first team) to the right and buying another left back is rapidly becoming the new play Coloccini in midfield.

It's really not. I don't even know how you came to such a conclusion...

Where did he get picked to play for his latest international turn out for Italy?

Where did he get picked to play for his latest international turn out for Italy?

Central midfield.

Central midfield.

He did well then. Considering Coloccini can't get a game at CB for an Argentina team that can't defend to save their life.

Some people just like the thrill of an argument. Santon's natural position is on the right side.

:lol:

I really hope that post is intentionally funny. :lol: :lol:

I'm telling ya, some people get a right hard-on for a good argument. Saves the dog from getting a kicking.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pieters is not good enough.

People saying 'well he is first choice for holland' is similar to saying Simpson is first choice right back for nufc. It's the lack of alternative options not his ability which puts him there

Pieters is not good enough.

People saying 'well he is first choice for holland' is similar to saying Simpson is first choice right back for nufc. It's the lack of alternative options not his ability which puts him there

Saw Pieters against Sweden in the last round and he did not impress me.  The player of that game was Elmander, he made the dutch defenders go to hell. He would have been a hell of a good signing for us on a free...