Erik Pieters

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was hoping for some poorly translated article suggesting he will dance to the cathedral near the river in January.

Guest bimpy474

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Plays in mutiple positions so we dont need extra players - check

Speaks French - check....ish

Sign him up.

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Sign him up.

that could be barnetta aswell. not 100% about the speaking french bit though.

Guest bimpy474

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Sign him up.

Barnetta is Swiss, therefore he will speak Frenchie, its the main language in Switzerland, sign him up too :D

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Sign him up.

Barnetta is Swiss, therefore he will speak Frenchie, its the main language in Switzerland, sign him up too :D

Actually depends which part of Switzerland he's from. Might speak German.

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Sign him up.

or even italian, thats why i wasn't sure.

Guest bimpy474

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Sign him up.

I've been a dozen or so times and its always been french, a bit of German, which i found strange as i thought it would be mainly German, just never heard much of it to be honest like, never heard any Italian, has a sprinkling of swiss which is the wierdiest stuff i've ever heard, and i've heard Welsh :D.

Fair bit of English mind, which was surprising.

just checked and with his birth place being st gallen he's more likely to speak german (i think it's in the german speaking bit, probably wrong )

Indeed it is.

my geography is fucked. i thought st gallen was quite central but up that way if you know what i mean but it's way to the north east of where i thought it was.

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Sign him up.

I've been a dozen or so times and its always been french, a bit of German, which i found strange as i thought it would be mainly German, just never heard much of it to be honest like, never heard any Italian, has a sprinkling of swiss which is the wierdiest stuff i've ever heard, and i've heard Welsh :D.

Where did you go in Switzerland? All the Swiss people I've met all spoke German (more than likely from the German speaking regions).

Guest bimpy474

just checked and with his birth place being st gallen he's more likely to speak german (i think it's in the german speaking bit, probably wrong )

Indeed it is.

my geography is f***ed. i thought st gallen was quite central but up that way if you know what i mean but it's way to the north east of where i thought it was.

Thing is in most countries the natives will speaking multiple languages,  we are an absolute disgrace as a nation for not speaking more, tbf English is apparently the easiest to learn, but still were a shambles when it comes to learning and teaching another language.

Indeed it is.

my geography is f***ed. i thought st gallen was quite central but up that way if you know what i mean but it's way to the north east of where i thought it was.

Thing is in most countries the natives will speaking multiple languages,  we are an absolute disgrace as a nation for not speaking more, tbf English is apparently the easiest to learn, but still were a shambles when it comes to learning and teaching another language.

i always understood it (english) was a difficuilt language to learn but ther most necessary if you want to get anywhere.

Guest bimpy474

Cheap - check

Injured - check

Sign him up.

Where did you go in Switzerland? All the Swiss people I've met all spoke German (more than likely from the German speaking regions).

I used to do regular trips to Switzerland, France, Germany and Austria, only once to Belguim which struck me as odd, i was an overseas removals driver, 3 different drops/pick ups, two weeks away at a time, i used to love it for the money but it was frankly boring on your own.

In Switzerland i went to Zurich 3 or 4 times i think, always went through Basel, very French there, we had a contract with a Danish bank to move their executives, i went to a town that i cant remember the name of, that was right on Lake Brienz i went 4 times in three months, its most beautiful place i've ever seen, its like a postcard, moved a fair few to Luxembourg as well, now thats another lovely place, only ever went to Kopstal there but its was so pretty too, on the edge of the Ardennes, gorgeous.

Tell what i remember most about Switzerland, tunnels, drive few miles, then a tunnel, drive a bit more another tunnel.

Guest bimpy474

Indeed it is.

i always understood it (english) was a difficuilt language to learn but ther most necessary if you want to get anywhere.

Thing for is though, seeing as we are an Island, to get to Europe you go through France or Belguim as a rule(when not flying), yet French isn't compulsory is our schools, i think it should be imo like.

Guest barnabox

Indeed it is.

This French lass once described English as one of the easiest languages to learn the basics/enough to get by, but incredibly difficult to learn well because of all the irregular verbs/exceptions to rules etc.  Probably explains why so many of the natives don't bother leaning the language proper like!