Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Not much to secure a top 4 position is it?

Surely they can offload one of them in the summer.

They have both money and ambitions you know  ;)

I don't think they're finishing top 4 in a million years. They'll be a Europa League team with 3 pretty big-earners for one place.

Would rather have a centre forward, centre back and right winger before left back anyway, not that I have much hope anyway. Spending £8m on a left back just seems a bit frivolous given our other needs.

Not much to secure a top 4 position is it?

Surely they can offload one of them in the summer.

They have both money and ambitions you know  ;)

I don't think they're finishing top 4 in a million years. They'll be a Europa League team with 3 pretty big-earners for one place.

It might be so, but i think they will offload on of them in the summer.

Their focus now is to ensure the squad is strong enough to fight for a CL place.

They don't want to be left with 1 LB like some other clubs, and are willing to invest in squad dept.

Guest Roger Kint

He'll probably turn Santos into some utility winger. The Brazilian Eboue.

Easier than using him as a comedy LB though, good going forward but defensively shocking whenever i watched him.

I just have a hard time picturing Wenger spending money

They spend a lot of money. The net spend thing gets exaggerated because they get such high fees (I'm thinking Overmars, Toure, Nasri, etc over the years).

not these days, Wenger in recent years espicially has been stubborn bordering on the riduclous in his refusal to spend the massive cash he's been getting in

Guest The Enforcer

World class LB wants to come to us and we're put off by the price of £10m? That's fuck all FFS.

Where are people getting this idea from?

Pretty conflicting from what a French guy posted on another forum.

"L'Équipe claim Arsenal are interested in Aly Cissokho, who would cost around €10m. He's often played quite poorly for Lyon during his time there, and all the OL fans I know seem to hate him."

"I guess I should say that he's been better so far this season than last, when he was sort of a disaster, and he's still a relatively young player who showed quite a lot of promise at one point. But, yea, it would be sort of bizarre to see him get such a transfer."

If you've seen him play regularly, then fair play, but you'll excuse me for doubting that.

Guest The Enforcer

By the way, that's not me saying you're all definitely wrong and you're idiots. It's obviously just one person's opinion, but I just found it odd to see people here rating him at the highest quality after reading that.

I think Arsenal mainly need to buy a new medical staff. To some extent there's bad luck, but that's starting to look like incompetence, especially how much Wilshere's time off the pitch keeps increasing.

Agree but ours has hardly been much better over the years.  It does seem better now but still, it has been right up with the worst of them over the last 10 Years IMO.  Either that or our medical procedure is complete flawed.

I think Arsenal mainly need to buy a new medical staff. To some extent there's bad luck, but that's starting to look like incompetence, especially how much Wilshere's time off the pitch keeps increasing.

Same goes for us, tbh.

Guest icemanblue

Aye, how's that then? Have we had a bad time of it with injuries this year? Which of them were down to medical incompetence?

Santon wasn't clearly full of confidence before he joined us too right? We knew we were getting a young man battered by the pressure of the San Siro and expectations he was to be the next Maldini?

Santon wasn't clearly full of confidence before he joined us too right? We knew we were getting a young man battered by the pressure of the San Siro and expectations he was to be the next Maldini?

I cant say he exhibited any lack of confidence in his play. Although he did run off crying down the tunnel at inter once after playing poorly, apparently.