Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

PhilippeAuclair Philippe Auclair

Receiving numerous messages about Aly Cissokho's supposed medical at NUFC on Monday. I am very sceptical. First, there's the price:...

PhilippeAuclair Philippe Auclair

...too expensive for Ashley, I'd have thought. Then Cissokho attracts rumours like Lee Cattermole cards of every colour.

Yeah, what does Douglas know really :shifty:

He said there w2as no bid. I do apologize, but the last 3 years at this club have given me a harden sense of cynicism.

He also said we had no interest in Ba in the summer.

I would like him to be wrong, but i just cant see us paying that fee for a LB, which is not a priority.

Yes it is. We don't have a proper left back. We've been shoe horning right backs there all season.

But over a CB and a ST.... I agree we still need one though.

generally speaking, the cost of a LB is less than the cost of a top class CB, and definitely a ST.  It might not be our number one priority, but its an area thats probably going to cost the least amount of money.

But the price quoted is 7.5m... which is by no means cheap.

A signing like this would mean more than a new striker. Our team would improve so much. Think about it, but we haven´t had two proper wingbacks in for ever. Those two positions are basiclly the most important in todays football.

Yeah, what does Douglas know really :shifty:

He said there w2as no bid. I do apologize, but the last 3 years at this club have given me a harden sense of cynicism.

He also said we had no interest in Ba in the summer.

I would like him to be wrong, but i just cant see us paying that fee for a LB, which is not a priority.

Yes it is. We don't have a proper left back. We've been shoe horning right backs there all season.

But over a CB and a ST.... I agree we still need one though.

generally speaking, the cost of a LB is less than the cost of a top class CB, and definitely a ST.  It might not be our number one priority, but its an area thats probably going to cost the least amount of money.

But the price quoted is 7.5m... which is by no means cheap.

the money we were going to use for Maiga?  If we get Cissokho, I don't expect us to get anyone else in like.  Maybe Morrison and a shitty loan a la Stephen Ireland.

Lyon fans seem to think it's a 'diplomatic' injury, they also thought last night that going to Arsenal was a done deal.

Santon and Cissokho can run the flanks all day long like, bombing forward. Would make such a difference to our team instead of playing Raylor and Simpson.

Jean-Michael Aulas said that they will not bring in a new player to replace Cissokho, they will go with what they have, he didn't say that it was official that he's leaving now, but Cissokho to 'somewhere' sounds like a goer, where to is a different matter.

Dougarse loves pouring cold water over any new transfer rumour. Obviously he gets a lot right being the club we are, but really it's just the scattergun approach the papers do but at the other end of the spectrum.

Quote from Alan in the Northern Echo story regarding Morrison...

“We’ve got ourselves in a position where we can move if we feel a player becomes available who will benefit the club now, in the short term, or in the longer term.”

Maybe Ashley's New Years Resolution is to open his wallet a bit more?

Don't know about anyone else but I just can't see this being a genuine rumour. For one thing, it's a lot of money to pay for a full back by our standards, for another it just makes far too much sense. Normally we buy players because they are a bargain, not because we actually need to fill a position.