Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Expecting the chron to say this is wide of the mark by noon tbh

Lee Ryder 'reliably told by club sources' its 'simply untrue'

Aly signs 12 minutes later.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Cissokho of Lyon has been a long-term name on #nufc shortlist so be interesting to see how this pans out over the weekend

O0

Expecting the chron to say this is wide of the mark by noon tbh

Ryder on Twitter saying he is a long term target and will be interested to see how it pans oot

Seems I'm n ot the only one lurking on twitter :lol:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Cissokho to #nufc reports jumping gun. No bid from UK club, source close to player says. Won't play tomorrow as injured-but still in France

To be fair, he's been wrong before and French press correct, ala Cabaye iirc.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Cissokho to #nufc reports jumping gun. No bid from UK club, source close to player says. Won't play tomorrow as injured-but still in France

To be fair, he's been wrong before and French press correct, ala Cabaye iirc.

Just posting it is all.

Yeah, what does Douglas know really :shifty:

He said there w2as no bid. I do apologize, but the last 3 years at this club have given me a harden sense of cynicism.

He also said we had no interest in Ba in the summer.

I would like him to be wrong, but i just cant see us paying that fee for a LB, which is not a priority.

He said there w2as no bid. I do apologize, but the last 3 years at this club have given me a harden sense of cynicism.

I would like him to be wrong, but i just cant see us paying that fee for a LB, which is not a priority.

Yes it is. We don't have a proper left back. We've been shoe horning right backs there all season.

Yes it is. We don't have a proper left back. We've been shoe horning right backs there all season.

But over a CB and a ST.... I agree we still need one though.

I imagine any CB we sign will be 'one for the future' as Williccini are decent together. Probably someone like Lewis Dunk from Brighton.

generally speaking, the cost of a LB is less than the cost of a top class CB, and definitely a ST.  It might not be our number one priority, but its an area thats probably going to cost the least amount of money.