Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Quote from Alan in the Northern Echo story regarding Morrison...

“We’ve got ourselves in a position where we can move if we feel a player becomes available who will benefit the club now, in the short term, or in the longer term.”

Maybe Ashley's New Years Resolution is to open his wallet a bit more?

Doubt it, if the club can afford £10 Million for a player within the set % of turnover budget that's set, it'll pay it, if it can't it won't. That goes for any price/fee above or below £10 Million.

Well we can all dream, though to be honest from what I've seen of Taiwo and Cissokho in real life I would prefer Taiwo due to Cissokho seems rather poor defensively the few times I've seen him. Though any of them pushing Raylor away from the first team and Santon on to right is sexy as fook

As great as Cissokho is, I wonder if it'd be better to get Taiwo on loan and buy a centre back. That would be the sensible approach.

we won't need fuckin CB's with those two at FB, HBA right wing and ba up top....entertainers mark, er, 3

stand a mannequin next to colo and let him and tiote rule the place defensively while everyone else attacks, can't fail, sell mannequin to liverpool after 6 months for 10m

Fearing if this goes through Santon will be back on the bench

Danny not signed his contract & plenty of interest in him, I think if anyone is going to lose their place its him, Santon will be at RB soon enough.

Fearing if this goes through Santon will be back on the bench

Danny not signed his contract & plenty of interest in him, I think if anyone is going to lose their place its him, Santon will be at RB soon enough.

:snod:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Been having a gander on the Lyon forum and they seem to think he's pretty rubbish, but annoyed to let him go in January due to lack of depth. Seem happy to get rid in the summer though.

I personally don't catch much French football, but I've seen a fair few people saying he's rubbish to what he's used to be.

edit: Just read that someone think's they're robbing us if they get €5m. That doesn't bode well.

Few of their fans say that his powerful and pacey runs out on the flank are invaluable as well, even if he does some misstakes (position wise mostly) But im sure that can be coached, he's still only 23 years old. Some of them thinks he has wanted to leave for a while now and that's one reason for a loss of form.

Would be an excellent signing, finally we would have a quality full back on each flank. The French press have been very accuarate with these thing in the past, certianly more so than a lot of the local hacks, so it's something to be hopeful on.

Nice developments here! Our long-term fullbacks being Santon at RB and Cissokho at LB would do very nicely.

But I can't help but be somewhat skeptical about this. £7 million + is a lot for a LB (for Ashley anyway) so it doesn't really make sense, could yet be a load of bollocks in the end. But I do trust the French press more than Douglas, Ryder etc so I'm pretty optimistic.....

Wait and see I guess!

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he signs the title should be

NUFC sign AC

That would send a few hearts fluttering

Winder if we see him as versatile cover for CB as well!

Guest elbee909

Been having a gander on the Lyon forum and they seem to think he's pretty rubbish, but annoyed to let him go in January due to lack of depth. Seem happy to get rid in the summer though.

I personally don't catch much French football, but I've seen a fair few people saying he's rubbish to what he's used to be.

edit: Just read that someone think's they're robbing us if they get €5m. That doesn't bode well.

I'm sure I recall Twente fans not caring about Tiote leaving.  Amazing how shit people get when it's looking like they're going to leave, isn't it?