Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

To me at least, it certainly seems like there's some form of interest there, whether it's anymore than that remains to be seen. While I'd certainly like to see us pursue a left back down the line we've got more pressing priorities this particular window, although I wouldn't complain if he was to sign of course.

Guest ykmkmdd

Expect he'll be an Arsenal player by Tuesday.

Then injured by Wednesday afternoon if their current record with fullbacks is anything to go on.

Don't know whats really up here but counting on two things. He won't end up here and dirty Harry will come out with some quotes of admiration about the player over the next two days. Actually the later is unlikely seeing as saggy flaps is only interested in unsettling players that aren't already leaving their club.

Just me who wouldn't be in such a rush to f*** Simpson off? I mean I doubt he'd sign that contact offer and I'd not want him in the side if we had better options but we still need a squad.

Simpson isn't nearly as bad as some on here make him out to be.  He's a defender who can defend and if his goal line clearances were goals at the other end he'd be given much more slack.  Just like Ryan Taylor does, yet he’s a defender who can’t defend but can get the odd goal.

All things assumed in regards to Cissokho, I'd want Santon starting as right back ahead of Simpson. Although Simpson is fairly competent in defence, backing-off issues aside, he offers next to nothing when in possession, be that in the final third or even in our own half. He has very little composure, vision or creativity: he can't beat a man one on one; he can't pick out an incisive pass; and he can't whip a pacy directed cross into the box. Whenever he is put under a modicum of pressure he will just resort to kicking it into touch or lobbing it up and over down the line. He is a substantial restriction on us when in possession that we need to remove

What we need (among a few other things) is fast, technically able, attacking full backs in order take that next step towards securing 7th. Simpson certainly isn't capable of being that for us. I'd hope that Cissokho and Santon can be those full backs for the next season or two. R. Taylor a decent back-up, who is OK if he doesn't have to contend with a pacy, direct winger.

Just me who wouldn't be in such a rush to f*** Simpson off? I mean I doubt he'd sign that contact offer and I'd not want him in the side if we had better options but we still need a squad.

Simpson isn't nearly as bad as some on here make him out to be.  He's a defender who can defend and if his goal line clearances were goals at the other end he'd be given much more slack.  Just like Ryan Taylor does, yet he’s a defender who can’t defend but can get the odd goal.

:thup:

Aly Cissokho to Newcastle, this again is not done.  According to the lawyer of the of lyons player, the matter is even far to be concluded.  "The two clubs are not agreed.  Aly suffers from a small injury to the soft one and no medical visit is foreseen for the moment", indicated Ali Barat to the Parisian. 

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-sport/2012/01/15/97003-20120115FILSPO00016-cissokho-pas-encore-parti.php

Aly Cissokho in Newcastle, it's not done yet. According to counsel the player from Lyon, the case is very far from being concluded. "The two clubs are not in agreement. Ali suffers from a small calf injury and no medical examination is planned at the moment, "said Barat Ali at Paris.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-sport/2012/01/15/97003-20120115FILSPO00016-cissokho-pas-encore-parti.php

:giggs:

Aly Cissokho to Newcastle, this again is not done.  According to the lawyer of the of lyons player, the matter is even far to be concluded.  "The two clubs are not agreed.  Aly suffers from a small injury to the soft one and no medical visit is foreseen for the moment", indicated Ali Barat to the Parisian. 

Ooooooooooh i say.

This has been the case for months. Seems as if he still wants to leave, they still want rid but we're still not gonna pay them what they want.

:thup:

Thirded, I wouldn't be sad to see Simpson upgraded but he's been an OK performer for us and part of the best back four we've had in ages.

Guest VaVaVoom

Interesting if those quotes are recent following on from what AP said the other day about if there is a possibility of taking someone now instead of in the summer.