The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

I find it to be a very archaic view that we can't introduce an innovation to football stadia that would improve atmosphere and the experience of those watching because of something that happened 22 years ago. It could be very easily done in this age of electronic turnstiles and all that.

Guest bimpy474

I find it to be a very archaic view that we can't introduce an innovation to football stadia that would improve atmosphere and the experience of those watching because of something that happened 22 years ago. It could be very easily done in this age of electronic turnstiles and all that.

And the fact that lots of fans want a standing area, you just limit the amount allowed in there as you would a nightclub etc to prevent over crowding, as you say that must be easy to do in this age of electronic turnstiles.

And the fact that lots of fans want a standing area, you just limit the amount allowed in there as you would a nightclub etc to prevent over crowding, as you say that must be easy to do in this age of electronic turnstiles.

The areas could easily just be limited to season ticket holders, Bourissia Dortmund have the massive terrace at their ground behind the goal and that is run safely.

Guest bimpy474

The areas could easily just be limited to season ticket holders, Bourissia Dortmund have the massive terrace at their ground behind the goal and that is run safely.

Exactly, run properly there should be no problems, seeing as now season ticket holders provide names and addressess, it should be easy to police.

There's a safe standing bill that's been introduced by lib dem MP Don Foster, it can be seen on the governments website here, and there's more details on the FSF website here. There's actually some hope this might go through but either way it's a very long and drawn out process so it'll take a while for us to find out.

The threat of litigation if anything went wrong means standing will never be allowed again. As much as I'd like to see small standing areas reintroduced I know it'll never happen. It's a complete non-starter.

Standing is allowed though, in all leagues below the Championship as well as rugby and other sports.  It's a joke that somehow the 'quality' of the football is the measurement of whether you can stand to watch it or not. Regardless I still think during my lifetime I'll see standing brought back to top flight football, and considering the bill passed the first reading without anyone objecting to it then hopefully the cunts that run this country will allow it to pass, the argument is well in favour of bringing it back, it's only common sense.

Standing is allowed though, in all leagues below the Championship as well as rugby and other sports.  It's a joke that somehow the 'quality' of the football is the measurement of whether you can stand to watch it or not. Regardless I still think during my lifetime I'll see standing brought back to top flight football, and considering the bill passed the first reading without anyone objecting to it then hopefully the cunts that run this country will allow it to pass, the argument is well in favour of bringing it back, it's only common sense.

I don't think it's anything to do with the 'quality' of football. More to do with the fact that the leagues higher up have higher attendances, so they're of the opinion that's there's more of a safety risk.

Not saying that's right, as I'm all for safe standing.

Guest ToonUltra

What about away fans at SJP then? Are they getting banning orders for persistent standing?

Close the away section imo, can't have people standing infront of plastic chairs at SJP.

Every team i've witnessed bar a few who i cant remeber due to lack of ability to even turn up stood the whole game. Nothing said to those, in fact the stewards were trying to get us to sit all game and we couldnt see anything happening to the opposites. Doncaster game, two guys fell over the railings are walked back to their seats. Not an ounce of pressure on them to sit.

Reopen L7 and cheer everyone up, apart from that fat fecker but its about time he was upset for once.

Only one to persistently stand are man united.

This season Arsenal mostly sat down and so did Fulham.

Been the same every year, I've sat in Level 7 Milburn just beyond the leazes End Penalty box since the ground was extended and  only man United persist in standing the full game

I completly disagree with this statement...it's pretty obvious that from the milburn you can't see what actually happens there. Obviously, last season, i can account for more than 3/4 of away fans constantly standing. I agree, arsenal were awful they always are. I think their only chant is informing us what score it is. Sundarland, Scousers (both sets), Manure, City, Spurs, Villa even stood when they were 6-0 down, Chelsea. The championship though was the best/worse depending which was you look at it for away standing. I mean it was their cup final no matter who came up. I must admit from the SE corner now, it is hard to tell if they are standing or not but i guess they aren't now due to lack of banter with home fans. There's ne one to sing too/wind up/piss off.

With regards to banning orders for away fans too, this could be published on their tickets and the same priciple can be applied across the board - Ejection. If they dont sit down hoy them out one by one starting from the bottom.

It's a stupid principle but why are the home fans only suffering? The fans who are actually paying ashley to come into his media centre year on year.

“She asked them to sit down but she was verbally abused. She had to leave five minutes into the second half.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/01/150-nufc-fans-facing-bans-from-st-james-72703-29344193/2/#ixzz1Whq8OGF4o

if true they should just be banned without even a warning. no doubt one or two will say she should just f*** off and move.

Actually if its the same woman the story is worse than that. My dad used to sit there but asked to be moved for the fulham game cos of all the idiots moved there. She actually had walking sticks and had to stand so after she became uncomfortable she put her hand on the lad in fronts shoulder to ask him to sit down. He shrugged her off which caused her to lose balance, turned round and by this time she was falling so he tried to grab her to stop her but her husband who had also had abuse thought the kid was attacking her so punched him. He ended up getting thrown out. The kids who were standing were given match bans.

Guest Roger Kint
It's a stupid principle but why are the home fans only suffering? The fans who are actually paying ashley to come into his media centre year on year.

Aye Ashley should let you poor lads off with standing and just punish the selfish twats who sit down. Much fairer! How exactly do you charge the away fans when its not a one strike rule? If we started doing something about them and other clubs follow suit no doubt you will cry that its unfair as well.

Guest Micktoon

The speed limit on the motorway is 70, i want to do a 100. The law says i can't, but all my mates do it, so therefore i can also do 100 without risk of consequence

What about away fans at SJP then? Are they getting banning orders for persistent standing?

Close the away section imo, can't have people standing infront of plastic chairs at SJP.

Every team i've witnessed bar a few who i cant remeber due to lack of ability to even turn up stood the whole game. Nothing said to those, in fact the stewards were trying to get us to sit all game and we couldnt see anything happening to the opposites. Doncaster game, two guys fell over the railings are walked back to their seats. Not an ounce of pressure on them to sit.

Reopen L7 and cheer everyone up, apart from that fat fecker but its about time he was upset for once.

Only one to persistently stand are man united.

This season Arsenal mostly sat down and so did Fulham.

Been the same every year, I've sat in Level 7 Milburn just beyond the leazes End Penalty box since the ground was extended and  only man United persist in standing the full game

I completly disagree with this statement...it's pretty obvious that from the milburn you can't see what actually happens there. Obviously, last season, i can account for more than 3/4 of away fans constantly standing. I agree, arsenal were awful they always are. I think their only chant is informing us what score it is. Sundarland, Scousers (both sets), Manure, City, Spurs, Villa even stood when they were 6-0 down, Chelsea. The championship though was the best/worse depending which was you look at it for away standing. I mean it was their cup final no matter who came up. I must admit from the SE corner now, it is hard to tell if they are standing or not but i guess they aren't now due to lack of banter with home fans. There's ne one to sing too/wind up/piss off.

With regards to banning orders for away fans too, this could be published on their tickets and the same priciple can be applied across the board - Ejection. If they dont sit down hoy them out one by one starting from the bottom.

From where i sit in Milburn Level 7 i can see the entire away end.

From the Leazes Corner i'd hazard a guess that you could only see the section nearest to you .

The only team to persistently stand for the entire game every time is Man United.

Guest stumonkseatonmagpies

Heard that everyone who gets a letter will be banned for 1 game. which is Blackburn!!

I am disgusted that if its true about the old woman.

Heard that everyone who gets a letter will be banned for 1 game. which is Blackburn!!

If that's true, then I assume they'll be returned 1/19th of their ST cost.......which they'll then use to buy an individual match ticket elsewhere in the ground.

If that's true, then I assume they'll be returned 1/19th of their ST cost.......which they'll then use to buy an individual match ticket elsewhere in the ground.

Why would they get a refund?

If you get banned permanently for breaking ground regulations you don't get a refund.

Guest Roger Kint

The relevant terms and conditions:

8 Cancellation & Withdrawal of Season Ticket

8.1 Without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, the Club shall have the right to eject an offender and to cancel and withdraw your Season Ticket for any serious or persistent breach of these Terms & Conditions of Use or clause 3.3 above. In the event of such cancellation no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the Season Ticket. Without prejudice to the general nature of the above the following actions shall constitute serious breach of the Terms & Conditions of Use:

8.1.1 smoking in designated non-smoking areas;

8.1.2 persistent standing in seated areas whilst the Match is in progress;

Guest ToonUltra

Aye Ashley should let you poor lads off with standing and just punish the selfish twats who sit down. Much fairer! How exactly do you charge the away fans when its not a one strike rule? If we started doing something about them and other clubs follow suit no doubt you will cry that its unfair as well.

We had a corner where everyone stood and sung a dedicated corner. Simple. Those who didnt want to stand or sing all game knew what that corner was about so they could stay away. Im not calling anyone selfish for having their own views. That corner was created by Llambias for that reason now it has been taken away by that very same wenker. Those young uns who, as quoted before, are the future Newcastle fans for the next 20-30 possibly 40 years are already getting match bans. It will soon get to a point where it will be lifetime bans, an i personally back that (when its abuse or violence) but why create a corner for loopy nutters to go and sing there heads off, jump around like nuts and then take it away without relocating them anywhere else or giving them a section in the john hall, let them mix wherever they want and then start punishing them cause they support the team differently to the person that they are now sitting next to?

It's an argument that could go on and on cause everybody views it differently. That is just my view.

What about the Kop at Anfield? thats the stand for singing and standing which has its reputation for making Anfield come to life. We dont have that anymore cause to many people are complaining. It's like saying night night to SJP.

Guest Roger Kint

We had a corner where everyone stood and sung a dedicated corner. Simple. Those who didnt want to stand or sing all game knew what that corner was about so they could stay away. Im not calling anyone selfish for having their own views. That corner was created by Llambias for that reason now it has been taken away by that very same wenker.

Stopped reading at that. You werent allowed to stand then but you all did in spite of the rules and the failure to prevent that is no doubt a major reason for moving you all to a more policable area. It was NEVER created for people to stand, a very simple fact you dont seem to understand.

on the topic of season-ticket bans, near my new seat i've noticed a sign on the womens toilets saying any male found in there will have their season ticket removed. would love to know why they feel that sign is required.  :lol:

Those signs have always been there in The Milburn mind.

Throughback to when there were much fewer women at the match and the mens bogs were always chocka so some people just went in the womens.