L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest Heneage

For those of us who aren't in the inner Twitter circles, who or what is 'Football Agent'? :lol:

Whether you choose to believe it or not it is;

A football agent who would prefer not to disclose their name or the company they work for, so has chosen the guise of "Football Agent". Think CWarr but with better filtering.

Football_Agent9 Football Agent

Near on certain that Maiga is joining Newcastle, in January. #nufc

Neilfarrington Neil Farrington

@

@Football_Agent9 Deal done since early Oct.

Just more confirmation really that this is a certainty.

In the back of our minds, we all knew this transfer was going to happen really. I'm expecting him to be officially announced as a NUFC signing on the 1st January. Now get a CB sorted please!

Hope so, just a shame he is off for ACN with Ba

Has Ba been in the international fold recently?

Seems to go to the squads but rarely play

Mental if he doesn't play like, considering how fucking great he is.

This is classic Newcastle United. Defensive crisis, 3 senior centre halves injured, 1 out for the season,main striker scoring freely and being backed up well by others. New centre forward signed before the window's even open.

Not that I'm negative on the signing,happy we've persisted with it. Gotta wonder what it means for Best, Shola and more interestingly the formation. A good left back and we can play a 4-3-3 including Maiga and HBA.

This is classic Newcastle United. Defensive crisis, 3 senior centre halves injured, 1 out for the season,main striker scoring freely and being backed up well by others. New centre forward signed before the window's even open.

Not that I'm negative on the signing,happy we've persisted with it. Gotta wonder what it means for Best, Shola and more interestingly the formation. A good left back and we can play a 4-3-3 including Maiga and HBA.

tbf this has been going on since the middle of August, the 'agreement' since end of September/start of October (i.e. before the defensive crisis)