L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Apparently being depressingly negative about only the club is no longer sufficient for Dave.

To be fair to Dave, most of the posts in here are not worth reading.

Including anything Dave's written in the football section for the past eight months or so.

Because his opinion is different to yours?

Apparently being depressingly negative about only the club is no longer sufficient for Dave.

Including anything Dave's written in the football section for the past eight months or so.

Thanks, that's 18 minutes of my 30 minute lunch break wasted. Is he signing or not?

"You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house,

And if you got a glass jaw you should watch yo mouth,

Cause I'll break yo face."

I just wish we could buy some players that we need without all this f***ing bollocks about contract disputes, silly offers and pissing other clubs off. Revolutionary I know.

Agree. This way of doing things is pretty shitty tbh. Pretty poor form.

No, because the only kind of posts he makes now are sarcastic one-liners about how the club will fail miserably at whatever the topic is discussing.

I hope we sign this guy after all this, as we've put him in an awkward position with his current club now, and he desperately wants to come here.

Stop messing everyone about and pay the money. Terrible stuff from the club.

I hope we sign this guy after all this, as we've put him in an awkward position with his current club now, and he desperately wants to come here.

Which one, or both?

Which one, or both?

Eh? Modibo Maiga.

I wonder how much his club value him at...

The Maiga/Brown partnership was responsible for half of their goals last season. They'll still have Boudebouz and Martin, but can't see them being at all willing to let Maiga go... If he's the difference between a good run in the Europa League (and qualifying again/pushing on for CL), then I suspect we'll need to offer more than 8 million euros.

It's a shame seeing them being dismantled like this, they played some superb football last season - hopefully they'll keep hold of at least two of last seasons front four.

Which one, or both?

Eh? Modibo Maiga.

'The club' ... as in Sochaux or NUFC?

I'm thinking it can't be much more, as the club did allow us to talk to the player, and so they likely felt we were somewhat close to their valuation. I would imagine, anyway.

I'm thinking it can't be much more, as the club did allow us to talk to the player, and so they likely felt we were somewhat close to their valuation. I would imagine, anyway.

Unless ofc, they didnt let us talk to him at all and we've been a bit naughty here...

Unless ofc, they didnt let us talk to him at all and we've been a bit naughty here...

Well they haven't complained so I don't think that's the case. I'm also hoping that if we had been naughty, then Maiga would have had the basic intelligence not to have brought it up!

The Maiga/Brown partnership was responsible for half of their goals last season. They'll still have Boudebouz and Martin, but can't see them being at all willing to let Maiga go... If he's the difference between a good run in the Europa League (and qualifying again/pushing on for CL), then I suspect we'll need to offer more than 8 million euros.

It's a shame seeing them being dismantled like this, they played some superb football last season - hopefully they'll keep hold of at least two of last seasons front four.

Which one, or both?

Eh? Modibo Maiga.

'The club' ... as in Sochaux or NUFC?

Terrible stuff from NUFC.

No, because the only kind of posts he makes now are sarcastic one-liners about how the club will fail miserably at whatever the topic is discussing.

Ooh :kasper: is this type of open questioning of the regime allowed O0

Aye, you do have a point though. Dave has gone ultra-negative on us all.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7107508,00.html

Modibo Maiga has reiterated that he wants to leave Sochaux for Newcastle United before the end of the summer transfer window.

The Mali international striker did not turn up for his side's Ligue 1 clash with Caen on Saturday and also refused to train on Sunday as he is frustrated that the French club are not willing to let him go.

Maiga has now said that he will not play in Sochaux's encounter against Metalist Kharkiv in the first leg of their Europa League play-off tie on Thursday.

"I am sorry for the fans, my team-mates and the staff, but I am not in the best conditions to play," said the 23-year-old in L'Equipe. "It is better for the team to get focused well that I don't play.

"About Newcastle, it is very clear: they want me and I want to go there.

"They want the transfer to be sorted out quickly, but it is not up to me. The worry is Sochaux."

Newcastle are reportedly willing to pay Sochaux a transfer fee of €8million (£7million) and are also said to have offered Maiga a five-year contract.