L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

This guy was brilliant last year with Ideye and Martin. It is a shame for Sochaux to lose him and Ideye in the same window, but I will gladly take the boy. Would prefer someone with more experience and proven goal scoring, but Maiga is very talented with the pace that we lack upfront outside of inefficient Lovenkrands. However, if Nigeria does disgrace themselves and call Ameobi, we will be without our top three strikers in the new year which is worrying, this is of course assuming Mali qualifies, which is definitely not a given at this point. They have two tough matches left.

Baba, what do you think of the price?

The Nigerian, Ideye, is the inferior player, imo and he went to Ukraine for 9-10 million euros. Last year was his first season with Socahux, so I assume he has a long contract, and he will be coveted as he was the second best player (imo) on a team that stunned everyone by qualifying for Europa. Not to mention his youngish age and potential to improve. all of this will raise the price.

This guy was brilliant last year with Ideye and Martin. It is a shame for Sochaux to lose him and Ideye in the same window, but I will gladly take the boy. Would prefer someone with more experience and proven goal scoring, but Maiga is very talented with the pace that we lack upfront outside of inefficient Lovenkrands. However, if Nigeria does disgrace themselves and call Ameobi, we will be without our top three strikers in the new year which is worrying, this is of course assuming Mali qualifies, which is definitely not a given at this point. They have two tough matches left.

:lol: This sentence made me chuckle for some reason. They have been keen in the past like, we'd be stuck with Best and *shudder* Lovenkrands for a month.

:lol: This sentence made me chuckle for some reason. They have been keen in the past like, we'd be stuck with Best and *shudder* Lovenkrands for a month.

I prefer to think of it as being stuck with Best + one of Ben Arfa, Obertan, Marveaux or Vuckic. Helps me sleep at night :)

I said that after the game. Got the distinct impression he was saying goodbye, just in case.

Hope to god you're right, credit to him in the Championship he did well and he seems a nice bloke but he's not a Premiership footballer.