L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Saj Chowdhury (BBC) -

"Sochaux tell me Maiga is not "transferable". Bit strange player claims #nufc chatted to him without club's blessing, by the sounds of it."

Re: his exclusion from the Metalist match -

"More to do with the strike...I think they may be happy for him to stay in the reserves for two weeks then perhaps sell him"

:dowiespin:

Absent from the group flew on Wednesday morning for Ukraine where the faces Metalist Kharkiv FC Sochaux Thursday dam to the Europa League, Modibo Maiga still hopes to win his battle with his club Newcastle to spin, starting with a the chairman of the FCSM, Alexandre Lacombe does not want to hear about it.

Malian striker (23 years, under contract until June 2014) was "sorry for the fans (his) teammates and staff", but he feels "not right to play" and finds that absences during training allow "the team focuses better."

"The concern is Sochaux"

The club's top scorer last season (15 goals) is offered a 5 year contract by the Magpies. Club Ben Arfa and Cabaye is willing to pay about 8 million to focus its services. "Newcastle is loud and clear, they want me and I want to go. They want the transfer done quickly, but it's not me who decides. The concern, c'e'st Sochaux. President? For now, I do not know, we talk. "

Guest sicko2ndbest

Basically says we want him, he wants us, we want it done quickly but Sochaux are the problem.

Fair play

Playing us at our own game. No doubt Ashley will allow us to struggle through the derby in the hope that we can get something through before the 31st

They probably want to get a replacement lined up since they lost their other striker this summer n all. Just by wiki theyve only got kids for their other forwards. Mad really, who'd even contemplate that being a good idea?

He's coming eventually. Has a club ever successfully pulled through with threats to have a player "rot in the reserves?"

It's in the best interest of both parties for them to take our offer. Until then we can get along with Ba and Shola.

The bottom line is we've wasted far too much time chasing the wrong targets and are now scrabbling round looking for a quality forward and left back -both key positions - in the last fortnight. We had all summer to haggle it's frustrating as hell that we are suddenly now casting around for new names and starting the bidding process all over again.

The bottom line is we've wasted far too much time chasing the wrong targets and are now scrabbling round looking for a quality forward and left back -both key positions - in the last fortnight. We had all summer to haggle it's frustrating as hell that we are suddenly now casting around for new names and starting the bidding process all over again.

Except 1) we don't actually know who our list of targets include and 2) Pretty much every other team is in the same boat.