L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest schmuck

Hope his surname is pronounced Mayaga, just so it fits into Hakuna Matata

If not My Girl by The Temptations fits like a charm

Hope his surname is pronounced Mayaga, just so it fits into Hakuna Matata

If not My Girl by The Temptations fits like a charm

Talking bout maiga! He needs to be purchased purely because of the song possibilities, if he's an ok striker I guess it's a plus?

I'm pretty damn confident he'll be good, like. :laugh:

The thing is, we have this reputation of being tight, but if we think that we have a potential young star on our hands we will spend decent money. £7m for a 24yr old  unknown is a decent investment and we wouldn't risk it unless we were pretty confident. Sochaux didn't really want to sell either, otherwise they would have took our hands off in the summer.

Obviously rate him extremely highly if we're so desperate to get him that we're not even waiting till January. Sounds promising, look forward to the developments.

We clearly wanted him in the summer and he wanted to come, but our obsession with brinksmanship fucked us over. I would wager trying to agree this early is purely down to us being worried about him scoring any more goals (including at the ACN) and the price going up further.

Guest Dontooner

Much better player than most give him credit for...One of the few strikers in France that could lead the line himself and yet score his fair share...Definitely a step up from Best or Loven

Much better player than most give him credit for...One of the few strikers in France that could lead the line himself and yet score his fair share...Definitely a step up from Best or Loven

You seem to think of Best as a second striker, though. Something which he clearly isn't.

Guest Dontooner

Still got my doubts on Best, dont fancy him scoring consistently. He is however supporting the team pretty well. When Loven leaves in the summer , Best would be a great backup just like great Shola

Guest Dontooner

My honest opinion  is Modibo Maiga might be a good striker that has some pace about him...but i think what we lack is one that runs the channel like Bellamy or Shane long that we missed out on.

How long do people actually expect him to be at the ACN btw? He plays for Mali, they wont do THAT well

Traditional powers like Nigeria, three time defending champion Egypt, Cameroon, and South Africa failed to qualify. I really don't have any idea who might do well.

Ivory Coast and Senegal, obviously :(

How long do people actually expect him to be at the ACN btw? He plays for Mali, they wont do THAT well

Traditional powers like Nigeria, three time defending champion Egypt, Cameroon, and South Africa failed to qualify. I really don't have any idea who might do well.

Ivory Coast and Senegal, obviously :(

Not if some of their key players pick up major injuries.