L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Quite a risk tying up a deal so early, but if this is the start, maybe it'll be finally confirmed in Novermber, so not too far away from the opening of the window. Again it's a player we rate highly, wanted long term, and have gone back in for him, means he's another part of the jigsaw, one or two more like this (RB then cb ) and were laughing.

Not really. He seems to be a player who we have been tracking for a while and seems to be our no.1 target for January. I have no problem with the club tying the deals up so that on January the 1st he is our player instead of it dragging on for a month, a time when we could be playing in 3 different competitions..

Wat? Did you read what I posted?  :lol:

It's mostly the bit in bold I was arguing against.

Right, well I'm all for tying up deals early, but they do carry a fair bit of risk, mostly injuries. We could lump £8m on him, or all our transfer money, for him to break his leg and be out a season, and knowing our luck, it'll happen.

Always said we should have our deals done by the 1st Jan in the winter window, I'm happy were doing it like this, but still, it's a risk doing it so early.

Guest TheSummerOf69

We need to have a striker in to cover Ba being off to Africa in January, so this would be great. I presume if Maiga got injured then the deal would be off or on hold.

I would presume we wont be handing any money over until his fitness test is complete, if he picks up a bad injury then i doubt we would go a head.  Llambias just wouldn't sanction it...then again we paid for Arfa with a broken leg.

Guest icemanblue

We need to have a striker in to cover Ba being off to Africa in January, so this would be great. I presume if Maiga got injured then the deal would be off or on hold.

Slight problem.

If the deal is done and he breaks his leg, he's still ours, it's an expected risk of the game. We can't just turn around and say we don't want him.  :lol:

,medical will be done when transfer is signed, ie this month, next month if were lucky.

Have a guess what country Maiga represents.............

Iceland.

Great plan apart from 2 points

Firstly Maiga will also be playing in the ACN and secondly Maiga will also be playing in the ACN .

Technically I realise that it is the same point twice but it is such a biggie that I thought it was worth repeating

:D

Quite a risk tying up a deal so early, but if this is the start, maybe it'll be finally confirmed in Novermber, so not too far away from the opening of the window. Again it's a player we rate highly, wanted long term, and have gone back in for him, means he's another part of the jigsaw, one or two more like this (RB then cb ) and were laughing.

Not really. He seems to be a player who we have been tracking for a while and seems to be our no.1 target for January. I have no problem with the club tying the deals up so that on January the 1st he is our player instead of it dragging on for a month, a time when we could be playing in 3 different competitions..

Ruud van Nistelrooy?