L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has confirmed that he is hoping to finalise his move to Newcastle as soon as possible.

The Magpies first made a move to sign Maiga in the summer, but Sochaux fought off their interest.

The French club were unhappy at the time, as Maiga himself also acted with anger after seeing the move fail to materialise.

But Sochaux have since held talks with Newcastle and a deal is widely understood to have been struck.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7307223/Maiga-waiting-on-move

Maiga refused to confirm the deal was finalised but admitted he was hoping it would soon be done.

When asked about the move to Newcastle, the Mali international told Footafrica365: "I do not know, we'll see.

"Next what is clear is that all players dream of playing for a club like that and I hope it will happen, either this winter or in the summer

"There are no more problems with Sochaux, everything is back to normal."

:lol:

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has confirmed that he is hoping to finalise his move to Newcastle as soon as possible.

The Magpies first made a move to sign Maiga in the summer, but Sochaux fought off their interest.

The French club were unhappy at the time, as Maiga himself also acted with anger after seeing the move fail to materialise.

But Sochaux have since held talks with Newcastle and a deal is widely understood to have been struck.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7307223/Maiga-waiting-on-move

Maiga refused to confirm the deal was finalised but admitted he was hoping it would soon be done.

When asked about the move to Newcastle, the Mali international told Footafrica365: "I do not know, we'll see.

"Next what is clear is that all players dream of playing for a club like that and I hope it will happen, either this winter or in the summer

"There are no more problems with Sochaux, everything is back to normal."

:lol:

Cheers.

Hearing a bit too much about this being finalised (especially the last 3 posts) to not start feeling this could be a done deal.

Get him in, possibly a midfielder who can play on the right and a couple of defenders and we are really looking good imo.

Guest bimpy474

I really think this lad's the next Adebayor.

Hope not, he'd be off the Man City as soon as a whiff of £150,000 grand a week bisto's into the wind.

I really think this lad's the next Adebayor.

Quick! Someone save this for when Maiga doesn't score in his first two appearances!

Awaits Ronaldo to say Maiga will probably be average, then is likely to be shit [/King Dawson]