Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Made a couple of cracking saves but let's concentrate on him taking a couple of micro seconds too long on a goal kick instead of the far more important issues of us being absolutely pathetic in the oppositions half of the pitch.

This is Newcastle online after all.

Made a couple of cracking saves but let's concentrate on him taking a couple of micro seconds too long on a goal kick instead of the far more important issues of us being absolutely pathetic in the oppositions half of the pitch.

Which saves were they?

Tipped one over the bar that was going in and made an absolutely great save to hold a shot taken from close quarters by King or Wilson or think. Could have easily been a goal if he didn't hold it.

Which saves were they?

Tipped one over the bar that was going in and made an absolutely great save to hold a shot taken from close quarters by King or Wilson or think. Could have easily been a goal if he didn't hold it.

I'd expect literally any keeper down to the championship to make both of those saves. We are talking premier league here, all keepers will make the regulation saves. It's the other stuff that sets them apart

I was just answering the question of what saves, I haven't actually read the discussion.  :lol: I probably wouldn't disagree with this.

The only player to clap the fans at the end.

Not sure how today’s loss was his fault, but I’m sure it will be somehow.

He’s very average but he’s the best GK we have - it’s not like Joselu where we have a much better option on the bench. What do people want? Elliot to be dropped so we can watch Darlow drop the ball, pass it to the opposition striker, miskick it and let shots go through him?

His kicking is crap, we know. He’s not the most agile, we know. He’s not the quickest to distribute it, we know. But he made a zero contribution to our defeat today and no idea why he consistently receives more stick than others who have put it totally pathetic performances that have contributed significantly to our defeat.

The only player to clap the fans at the end.

Not sure how today’s loss was his fault, but I’m sure it will be somehow.

He’s very average but he’s the best GK we have - it’s not like Joselu where we have a much better option on the bench. What do people want? Elliot to be dropped so we can watch Darlow drop the ball, pass it to the opposition striker, miskick it and let shots go through him?

His kicking is crap, we know. He’s not the most agile, we know. He’s not the quickest to distribute it, we know. But he made a zero contribution to our defeat today and no idea why he consistently receives more stick than others who have put it totally pathetic performances that have contributed significantly to our defeat.

:thup: Shouldn't be playing for us but you could say that of most of our squad

Was just something I noticed having not been to the match for a while, i.e. piss off.

I find it laughable, when posters are calling Elliot s***.

s*** would mean he makes mistakes all the time, and we've conceded 20 goals this season. That's not the case.

He's clearly not s***, he's average. He's not costing us any points, he makes some decent saves but of course, he does have flaws.

Our front 2 have scored 3 goals all season FFS. That is the big f***ing problem here.

He's fucking rubbish. Too small, too slow. Had me fucking screaming today to deliver quicker. Waited til every player was back in position before releasing it. Fucking twat.

Agree with that.

There were a couple of occasions when we had a 2v2 and he didn’t punt it towards Joselu who was winning his fair share in the air.

Which saves were they?

Watch the highlights.

Which saves were they?

Watch the highlights.

I watched the game

And you missed those 2 saves?

Which saves were they?

Watch the highlights.

I watched the game

No, they were saves you'd expect any keeper above league 1 to make.

He got a standing ovation after both. The 2nd save which he did well to hold he had the Gallowgate singing his name.

You mustn't have been there. Watch the highlights.

Which saves were they?

Watch the highlights.

I watched the game

He got a standing ovation after both. The 2nd save which he did well to hold he had the Gallowgate singing his name.

I watched the game I didn't say I was there. I don't really get your point. Colback used to clapped off, crowd reaction isn't a good metric to measure something by

Your stream must have been poor. I was sat behind the goal he made the saves in front of. He did well. Our problems are at the other end of the pitch.

Which saves were they?

Watch the highlights.

I watched the game

I watched the game I didn't say I was there. I don't really get your point. Colback used to clapped off, crowd reaction isn't a good metric to measure something by

Your stream must have been poor. I was sat behind the goal.he made the saves in front of. He did well. Our problems are at the other end of the pitch.

It was absolutely fine thanks. No one is disputing that our forward play is garbage thats why every player is getting slammed. One throwaway remark about elliot's kicking and its like he's been called the worst keeper in the history of the game

You're making the mistake of simply going with the crowd on here. He's average, although I've seen far worse NUFC keepers, but he's done ok this season and, I repeat, our main concern is down the other end of the pitch.

No one is denying that our main concern is down the other end of the pitch. But in the Rob Elliot thread people are going to comment on what they think about Rob Elliot

He's ok. Nothing more, nothing less. The ott criticism on here is just weird and not repeated anywhere else to my Knowledge, certainly not inside the ground or on Twitter etc.