Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Guest neesy111

Trusting Sky as the final word on what happens with NUFC.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trusting the word of idiots on here instead  :lol:

I actually have eyes thanks.

Isn’t it 1-2 posters defending him for his s*** keeping today? Aye, everyone else is an idiot.

I'd like a better keeper but he's no way as bad as people on here make him out to be.

Don't worry Wallsendmag, at least we know we're right  :lol:

He's not made any howlers this season. Darlow made fairly regluar big mistakes.

2-3 goals maybe could've done better on, but he's made at least 3-4 absolute class saves aswell.

The board is too hyper critical on Elliot.

He got bailed out of a howler by Clark against West Ham mind which would have made it 1-1

Manquillo just allowed Gabbiadini to walk around him for the first, the 2nd one was an unstoppable penalty.

His kicking was poor again today but he can't be blamed for either of the goals ffs.

So he couldn't have saved the first? and literally not a single person has blamed him for the pen.

I'd look at Manquillos role in the first goal before I look at Elliot. I reckon that's how Rafa will look at it as well.

Isn’t it 1-2 posters defending him for his s*** keeping today? Aye, everyone else is an idiot.

I'd like a better keeper but he's no way as bad as people on here make him out to be.

No, he’s not. But there also seems to be a few posters on here who seem to think he is immune from criticism.

If you genuinely believe he wasn’t at fault for that first goal. Then fair enough. I just think it is a reglar occurence, Elliot being beaten by shots close to him or weak efforts. Whatever you think of the defendinf beforehand, he has to be stoppig that, IMO.

Jesus Christ this state of the board at times man  :lol:

Has Elliot made a big f*** up this season? No.

Some goals maybe he could have done better with but FFS, this position isn't a massive problem for us atm.

Upgrade in the summer for sure, but people need to chill man, he's not that bad.

Yeah absolutely the first goal here

Clearly not a big fuck up.

Manquillo just allowed Gabbiadini to walk around him for the first, the 2nd one was an unstoppable penalty.

His kicking was poor again today but he can't be blamed for either of the goals ffs.

So he couldn't have saved the first? and literally not a single person has blamed him for the pen.

I'd look at Manquillos role in the first goal before I look at Elliot. I reckon that's how Rafa will look at it as well.

So because manquillo allowed a shot on goal, the keeper can't take any of the blame?  that doesn't make any sense. Manquillo is garbage no doubt, but its nothing to with that. Your keeper should be able to make basic saves

He's made plenty of saves this season.

Jesus Christ this state of the board at times man  :lol:

Some goals maybe he could have done better with but FFS, this position isn't a massive problem for us atm.

Upgrade in the summer for sure, but people need to chill man, he's not that bad.

Yeah absolutely the first goal here

Clearly not a big f*** up.

Whats a big keeper f*** up? kicking it into your own net? What's the parameters? I'd say a big f*** up is not saving an absolute 5/10 shot from miles out

A shot, he perhaps could've done better with, isn't a big fuck up.

Has Elliot made a big fuck up this season? No.

This line of argument really bugs me. Just because he hasn't juggled one into the net or airkicked on a backpass doesn't mean he's therefore immune from any other kind of critique. His kicking is shite and he's very weak at dealing with low shots into the corner of the net; and that's regardless of how bad or good the defending leading up to chances is fwiw.

He's solid enough and is "fine" for now as the best of the bunch we have, but we sorely need an upgrade at the next possible opportunity; Woodman, or a new guy.

This line of argument really bugs me. Just because he hasn't juggled one into the net or airkicked on a backpass doesn't mean he's therefore immune from any other kind of critique. His kicking is s**** and he's very weak at dealing with low shots into the corner of the net; and that's regardless of how bad or good the defending leading up to chances is fwiw.

He's solid enough and is "fine" for now as the best of the bunch we have, but we sorely need an upgrade at the next possible opportunity; Woodman, or a new guy.

I'm not saying he's immune from criticism. But it's a fact, he's not made a howler and that is important.

I've always said, we need to upgrade at the end of season. His kicking is a bit below average, but posters here go OTT on Elliot.

Always snidey comments, calling him a fat fuck all the time. Don't get the hate at all.

He's not made any howlers this season. Darlow made fairly regluar big mistakes.

2-3 goals maybe could've done better on, but he's made at least 3-4 absolute class saves aswell.

The board is too hyper critical on Elliot.

He got bailed out of a howler by Clark against West Ham mind which would have made it 1-1

Then he returned the favour to Clark vs Liverpool which would have lost us the game.

I don't mind him -  I would have rather Persisted with Darlow as I thought he wasn't as bad as made out either. I'd also like to see Woodman in goal. The mackem down the road didn't have his career ruined by being thrown in - There's never going to be a better Newcastle back 4 to make your debut behind than the one we have now.

I don't mind him -  I would have rather Persisted with Darlow as I thought he wasn't as bad as made out either. I'd also like to see Woodman in goal. The mackem down the road didn't have his career ruined by being thrown in - There's never going to be a better Newcastle back 4 to make your debut behind than the one we have now.

Bold, if not rash statement.

At first I was blaming Manquillo for the goal, not being close enough and because of his positioning Elliot's thinking if he gets a shot off it'll come the other side. I don't think it's a clean hit and I'll bet if he's asked Gabiadini would say he wasn't particularly aiming anywhere in particular, ie bottom right, just hard and on between the posts. Hrad to blame anyone too much under those circumstances though Manquillo could've been physically pushing him out still.

beat at his near post, from this position. I mean come on.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2mpwuj9.jpg

Not as if it snuck in close to the post either:

MIC7l8j.jpg

It's not a complete fuck up, but he should be doing better. He's just massively average.