Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

No hate for Rob today? :undecided: Funny that.

What a good save in the second half. Surprising really as I’ve been told all season that he’s not capable of that.

Imagine actually thinking he’s as bad as Darlow :anguish: :lol:

I've not really been at Elliot's throat recently as it's like criticising Perez for being a shite AM when we have no-one else, but he literally nearly gifted them a goal in the same circumstances as Darlow did against Everton in the second half :lol: He was massively fortunate.

I get that you have your internet rivalries and you really want to put them in their place but there's probably better topics to do that on than trying to pretend Rob Elliot isn't an appallingly shite keeper.

Watched the goal again, if his position was decent he would have had a chance of saving it but he stood almost on the post for no reason.

This is where they're equally as s*** as each other. Play Elliot and he's positionally woeful, play Darlow and he might have had a chance of saving it but would have probably let it slip through his hands or drop it or something.

Yep.

They are both shit. Elliot is the steadier of the two but he won't make some saves Darlow will but Darlow is just as likely to drop one into his own net.

Pathetic situation and the blame lies with Mike Ashley.

Guest neesy111

Wilshere hit it straight at him.

Rob Elliot can make some very good saves like, he's shown that in the past. Not sure why we'd elevate that save above anything other than something every keeper in the top 7 divisions of English football should be making though.

He's a good instinctive shot stopper, but his overall game is absolute trash tbh. 

Guest firetotheworks

It's a canny sad state of affairs when people are vociferously defending Rob fucking Elliot like. For me he's our starter unless Woodman's ready, but I think most are a bit embarrassed that that's the situation because he's quite clearly nowhere near good enough.

He's better than Darlow at the minute but I'm not praising him for that Wilshere save.

Our current keeper situation is a lad who was 2nd choice maybe 3rd choice when we were last in the Prem, someone who was 3rd choice when we started in the Championship and a kid. Wish we'd got someone like Begovic

He's better than Darlow at the minute but I'm not praising him for that Wilshere save.

Our current keeper situation is a lad who was 2nd choice maybe 3rd choice when we were last in the Prem, someone who was 3rd choice when we started in the Championship and a kid. Wish we'd got someone like Begovic

Begovic was a no-brainer for £10m like.  I was well pissed off when we didn't even try for him.

Begovic was a no-brainer for £10m like.  I was well pissed off when we didn't even try for him.

If we ended up spending £5m on a striker, and £6m on a winger, we were hardly likely to drop £10m on a keeper. But he'd have been a great signing for that under a genuine owner.

Begovic was a no-brainer for £10m like.  I was well p*ssed off when we didn't even try for him.

Absolutely. He's in the prime of his career right now and he's so much better than what we've got.

Begovic was a no-brainer for £10m like.  I was well p*ssed off when we didn't even try for him.

If we ended up spending £5m on a striker, and £6m on a winger, we were hardly likely to drop £10m on a keeper. But he'd have been a great signing for that under a genuine owner.

Aye that's obvious now but i'm sure he went to Bournemouth quite early in the window so at the time i thought we should've been all over it since Rafa was supposed to have "every last penny the club generates" or whatever the fuck the fat slob said.