Everton, screwed?

Gash

It's quite amazing really, given that they seem to be such a well run club with regards to the resources they have available to them.

I think there's the main difference between a fans point of view and financial reality.

:no: Man, just when I was beginning to like you guys...

:sadnod:

Mainly because of Neil like. Maybe we can adopt him? EVERTOON MAG!

We will begrudgingly accept Leighton Baines (minus the wages he is on, which will still be fitted by Everton) and Neil (whose negative-wages we will accept). That will be the full extent of the merger.

Guest north shields lad

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php/topic/23096-new-mortgage-taken-out-by-efc/page__st__40

Doesnt look like there going anywhere this season.

An everton fella i was working with told me that its less than half a mile between both grounds, and they are the only city that have no religious or geography split between the supporters. However in the last 7 years we have had 3 contracts there or there abouts. The first time there was 13 locals, 12 everton and 1 liverpool. That was actually outside Liverpool working with the old ICI in runcorn, that liverpool fella used to get some shit.

The second time we worked right by the airport, and there was about 3 everton to 17 liverpool. I was there last year near Walton and there was a rough 50//50 split. The mad thing about that walton area was there was dads/ and brothers working with us and loads of family splits. If your dad supported Liverpool, why would you grow up supporting everton and vice cersa, can not understand that one.

Just the usual shite start to the season for Everton then? Happens every year.

Look at our first 4 fixtures, man. What a chance to start off well and we're going to screw it up in spectacular circumstances. It's quite something to behold.

And I don't think you were implying it, but in any case, it happening every year doesn't make it any more acceptable. It makes it a lot worse and frankly, for that, you have to question Moyes.

Bit unfair to lay it all on moyes, he probably finds it hard to motivate himself never mind others after another window without new players and investment. Takes a little while before his passion kicks in as he's fed up and only in it really until a new club with similar standing and £££ to spend comes along.

Just the usual shite start to the season for Everton then? Happens every year.

Look at our first 4 fixtures, man. What a chance to start off well and we're going to screw it up in spectacular circumstances. It's quite something to behold.

And I don't think you were implying it, but in any case, it happening every year doesn't make it any more acceptable. It makes it a lot worse and frankly, for that, you have to question Moyes.

Bit unfair to lay it all on moyes, he probably finds it hard to motivate himself never mind others after another window without new players and investment. Takes a little while before his passion kicks in as he's fed up and only in it really until a new club with similar standing and £££ to spend comes along.

He's done many superb things for us, but he's subject to criticism just like any other manager. It happens every year.

Guest johnson293

Time for a cheeky £3-4 million bid for Baines?  :shifty:

Baines is 26 years old already. :nope:

Then he'd get our 4 year contract, with the extension/downgrading offered once he turns 29 in year 3

Yes, I'd say so. We're in a very bad situation currently. Can't see administration but still.

There's a general feeling of negativity about the future following on from the Kenwright meeting last week, where it became clear he knew a lot less about what was going on at the club financially than what a chairman ought to know.

Guest Howaythetoon

Something is very wrong at Everton. They consistently overachieve, spend no money, have a fantastic manager, get good gates and good revenue but have no money apparently...

I actually prefer Everton to Liverpool and consider them a traditional big English club. I also consider Goodison, although run down, to be a proper football stadium that harks back to how stadiums used to be before the Taylor Report, modernisation and new age flat pack stadia. Their fans can be cunts but they are decent enough and generate a good atmosphere either at Goodison or when they come to St. James' Park as well as good banter.

Historically, they are a massive club, much  bigger than say Chelsea or Man City for example.