Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest bimpy474

Only thing about this that worries me, i would say a fair few on here are the FM generation, if he's good on FM he must be good in real life, tbf to FM they do get lots right but for every 10 they may get right, theres always a Nii Lamptey.

Us older players of FM, from when it was Championship manager with no realife names and when it did get real names in it, thats when Lamptey appeared.

If this comes off, I'd honestly play Santon at right-back and Ferguson at left-back. Mainly because Ferguson despite his inexperience, will offer us a great deal going forward, especially compared to Simpson who has looked well off the pace.

Would definitely be something to try. Would give us genuine balance to the team, too.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

As you watch quite a bit of Italian football, what's your opinion on him? (Sorry, I assume you've been asked this several times already)

If this comes off, I'd honestly play Santon at right-back and Ferguson at left-back. Mainly because Ferguson despite his inexperience, will offer us a great deal going forward, especially compared to Simpson who has looked well off the pace.

Would definitely be something to try. Would give us genuine balance to the team, too.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

As you watch quite a bit of Italian football, what's your opinion on him? (Sorry, I assume you've been asked this several times already)

Good in possession, good going forward, can play on either side, still suspect defensively. He can actually play on the wing too and has done numerous times. He was class when he first broke through at 17/18 and was hyped up as the next Maldini, but playing under Mourinho and then Rafa he somehow lost his way. Put in some pretty poor performances for Inter, was loaned out last season in favour of bringing Nagatomo in (who is class IMO).

Overall at 20 it's far, far too early to write him off - and the fact is even as a 20 year old who has lost his way he's still an improvement on our current fullback options so we can't really go too wrong IMO. Potential bargain at £5 million.

Guest bimpy474

Nii Lamptey was a brilliant player who was ruined by footballing parasites and personal tragedy.

Fantastic article/interview on him here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/feb/03/africannationscup2008.africannationscup1

Aye he was but thats my point, when he went to Villa he just faded away.

This lad Santon i'm pretty confident about but he isn't going to a wonderkid just because FM had him as one.

But he's had attitude problems that were mentioned by both Mourinho and Lippi, so that's a concern. Maybe he's been humbled after being sent out on loan, or maybe he thinks he's still a hotshot.

mattis would be able to give more information on this, but at the time, from what I read, I had the impression that he was causing the same kind of problems that Balotelli was causing.

He looked like a good player when I saw him, but I always thought that he wasn't the quickest and relied on his anticipation/positioning to snuff out attacks.

But he's had attitude problems that were mentioned by both Mourinho and Lippi, so that's a concern. Maybe he's been humbled after being sent out on loan, or maybe he thinks he's still a hotshot.

mattis would be able to give more information on this, but at the time, from what I read, I had the impression that he was causing the same kind of problems that Balotelli was causing.

He looked like a good player when I saw him, but I always thought that he wasn't the quickest and relied on his anticipation/positioning to snuff out attacks.

He'll fit in well with Ben Arfa, then.

Have you read that article about him? Suggests he is a down-to-earth, good kid - if a bit sensitive.

Goodbye Santon, "The Child" to the Newcastle

Milan, August 29, 2011 - While Inter is perfecting the arrival of Diego Forlan - tonight is expected in Milan for the signature, medical tomorrow, at 14.45 a press conference is scheduled at the Vicente Calderon farewell - the company Massimo Moratti is grappling with a rose too long.

The first of the starters will be Davide Santon is on the verge of signing with England's Newcastle. For the side - finished in a phase of involution unexplained - Inter cash out £ 5 million, also generating a considerable gain in time of financial fair play is always a panacea.

Goodbye Santon, "The Child" to the Newcastle

Milan, August 29, 2011 - While Inter is perfecting the arrival of Diego Forlan - tonight is expected in Milan for the signature, medical tomorrow, at 14.45 a press conference is scheduled at the Vicente Calderon farewell - the company Massimo Moratti is grappling with a rose too long.

The first of the starters will be Davide Santon is on the verge of signing with England's Newcastle. For the side - finished in a phase of involution unexplained - Inter cash out £ 5 million, also generating a considerable gain in time of financial fair play is always a panacea.

Couldn't find a better way to describe us!