Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest VaVaVoom

I think it's inevitable than Santon eventually comes into the side, it's just a question of when.

When we have the ball aye.

He is so right footed and it reflects in his positional play which is why we have Jonas doing what he is doing. Its his right foot thats keeping him in the team. Its a weopon.

Im sure Santon would offer more. He likes to attack also. Cabaye should be our "tekker" now.

Disagree with that. He obviously favours his right foot but he's far from just restricted to using it.

But being right footed affects his position too moving into positions where get is getting the ball on his right.

This leaves big gaps...dont you watch the games? This ties Jonas down.

Santon has played LB most of his career to date id say he was more occoplished really.

Guest VaVaVoom

Wish we just could play this kid. Sick of death with Raylor "the football player". Disgrace of a football, especially in a top 6 team.

Now that is harsh. Very.

Wish we just could play this kid. Sick of death with Raylor "the football player". Disgrace of a football, especially in a top 6 team.

Now that is harsh. Very.

yeah probably. just sick of him as I said so the post was easy to exaggerate

I think it's inevitable than Santon eventually comes into the side, it's just a question of when.

When we have the ball aye.

He is so right footed and it reflects in his positional play which is why we have Jonas doing what he is doing. Its his right foot thats keeping him in the team. Its a weopon.

Im sure Santon would offer more. He likes to attack also. Cabaye should be our "tekker" now.

Disagree with that. He obviously favours his right foot but he's far from just restricted to using it.

But being right footed affects his position too moving into positions where get is getting the ball on his right.

This leaves big gaps...dont you watch the games? This ties Jonas down.

Santon has played LB most of his career to date id say he was more occoplished really.

Where on earth did I say Ryan Taylor was a more occoplished [sic] LB than Taylor? You said it was Taylor's right peg that was keeping him in the side and he was so right footed which is just wrong. Obviously I don't watch the games though.

Wasn't he the next Maldini or something? chuck him in CB.

Well that comparison went well. One was playing in the best defence of all time at this stage, the other can't get a game in front of Ryan Taylor.

Always worries me when a player is being thought of so highly in place of another player before he's really been seen in this league. One mistake and the criticism is twice as bad, see Ben Arfa and his return to the team.

The Ben Arfa thread's the result of a couple of wums.

If he doesn't start the next game it really will be very bizarre. I was all for keeping Raylor in the side and giving Santon a period to settle at the club and in the country. But he's had that and should have started today.

Guest firetotheworks

Today the scoreline was finally a fair reflection on Ryan Taylor's performance. We now know he can be called upon to an extent at left back when Jonas is there to help, but it's time for Santon to start, if it hadn't already been about 4 matches ago.

I'm still not surprised he's not playing. That's the type of manager Pardew is, think he definitely feels Raylor deserves this spot from his early season form. He was never going to throw Santon on there as a first half sub against Chelsea. Next week is the first time I truly think he could start, not convinced though.

He's either an absolute carthorse and we've wasted millions, or Pardew is going through the same thought process that stopped him playing Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham.