Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Enrique suffered from the same problem with regards to end product as Santon does. I can barely remember any top flight assists from him. He turned into a top class defensive player though, so you don't really care too much when that is the case.

Think everybody could see the potential Enrique had from the first game he played, it was inevitable he would come good IMO. I get the same feeling with Santon, only I think in terms of natural talent/skill he's another level up.

Enrique's long passing was exceptional at times. The Blackburn away game is probably heralded as his best (certainly where passing is concerned), but I always thought it was excellent. He could get such a brilliant whip on the ball. Short-passing was probably the weakest part of his game because he was often careless in possession around the half-way line. He was a f***ing brilliant player though, I absolutely loved him. Would still have him back tbh, imagine the depth we'd have then :cheesy:.

That being said, I'm very curious about Haidara. Got to say that, of all the positions we covered in January, I'd have bet nothing on us getting another left-back.

This is on YouTube. He single handedly dominated that game. We should have scored three or four goals from his crosses.

Fucking Lövenkrands.

No, he was pretty good defensively against Chelsea, then again Jonas was there.

Jonas missed most of the Xmas period, coinciding with Santon's poor form. He's come back and Santon has played better. Coincidence? No.

Jose & Bernard are miles better than Davide let's behave lads.

Still a very promising player.

Thrives with players going in the same direction.

Dont think he will ever be great defensively. Should get some pre-season games in at centre half, might teach him a thing or two about positioning.

Senegal, France x 5, Italy, Ivory Coast, Argentina, Holland .... Not too shabby .. What do the mackems have?

Ireland and Scotland marra, Britannia unite !

They've got a token Belgium as well.

Probably the one in with a chance of winning the WC.

Belgium have more chance of winning a World Cup than France, Italy, Argentina or Holland?

Might be completley slated for this, but I'd rate their current squad as better than Holland's and Italy's. With Argentina's defensive fragilties, they're maybe on par with them.

France's current crop seem to always implode on big occasions.