Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guardian today mentioning they think if Mourinho returns to premier league he will quickly try and buy Santon cos he still rates him very highly

Without knowing anything - "he'll probably buy Santon". They love a link away from Newcastle.

Guardian today mentioning they think if Mourinho returns to premier league he will quickly try and buy Santon cos he still rates him very highly

Without knowing anything - "he'll probably buy Santon". They love a link away from Newcastle.

:lol:

It's proper mental that. Some manager might become the manager of some club, and if he does he might try and buy this specific Newcastle player. Fuck off please.

Guest nufc_89

Wish he'd learn to use his left foot.

He's as right footed as Lennon. But they going on the inside respectively on the outside work surprisingly often considering every fullback in England knows what their move will be

Basically kept busy all day coping with Lennon and Walker - Spurs clearly sussed that he comes forward a lot and ensured they nullified that - we were left exposed time and again down that side by cross-field passes. His lack of ability to cross on the run with his left foot takes away much of his effectiveness for me.

If Haidara shows real promise I would probably sell if an Italian club came up with enough money.

As much as I like the guy he was telegraphed all day long tonight, he needs to learn to read defenders in the same way they can read him. He had 2 players on him every time he went forward but you could see him gradually slowing down looking for a way in side every time, he needs to just stick his head down and pelt towards the line sometimes.

Wish he'd learn to use his left foot.

Aye they are on to him and he has to make the opposition at least respect the idea that he will go down the touchline.

Even if he just goes down to the corner flag and then passes back to someone else with his right foot... it's a s*** attack but at least it will mean that next time he moves to the corner of the box they won't be 100% positive that he is going to cut in. You have to create some doubt in your opponents mind even if it means using your less effective techniques...

editors note:: I fully rate the player and I hope we keep him long term, he's the sort of fellow who I am optimistic will actually make the sort of improvements that are asked of him

Not sure what difference it makes what footed he is. If he was at right-back they'd just show him inside so he'd have the exact same issues. Having the ability to cut inside and lay it off or have a shot is just as effective as getting to the byline and crossing it.

Not sure what difference it makes what footed he is. If he was at right-back they'd just show him inside so he'd have the exact same issues. Having the ability to cut inside and lay it off or have a shot is just as effective as getting to the byline and crossing it.

I know what you are saying but it often means he is cutting back into the busiest part of the pitch.  For example, when we had that great opportunity to break yesterday instead of just bombing on to shoot with his left foot or getting to the touchline to cross, he tried to cut in and had 3 spurs players around him and lost the ball. All because he doesn't trust his left foot at all.

Can't believe anyone would be happy to sell him.

We are going to sell somebody in summer,regardless of Llambias' comments and if Haidara is a better player I would rather sell Santon than either HBA or Cabaye....

Can't believe anyone would be happy to sell him.

We are going to sell somebody in summer,regardless of Llambias' comments and if Haidara is a better player I would rather sell Santon than either HBA or Cabaye....

Based on this season I would get rid of Tiote first.

But I would just prefer us to have a squad, that would be swell.

I love this guy. So exciting when he's on the ball, yes he's predictable but he can still waltz past players. He's going to be something special and I for one hope that it's here he really makes his name in football.