Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Fergie has said he's never played a 4-4-2 with two proper strikers.  ATM it's definitely a 4-4-1-1

Pretty sure he did with Cole and Yorke.

Yep. But we all know Fergie is going senile. He has simply forgot about that. Old twat.

Fergie has said he's never played a 4-4-2 with two proper strikers.  ATM it's definitely a 4-4-1-1

Pretty sure he did with Cole and Yorke.

Yep. But we all know Fergie is going senile. He has simply forgot about that. Old t***.

Old b******.

I absolutely love it when Santon paces up on the wing but he needs to improve his defending - I would even say play Santon LM and play Haidara LB.

Plus gives us a chance to see what Haidara can do.

Because a fullback can attack don't mean he should be used on the wing.... if we got our hands on Dani Alves he would be used as an Right-Forward ffs :lol:

Anyway a much needed a rest for him, hopefully Haidara comes in and we get to see what he's all about.

LOL I wasn't saying play him there permanantaly - its just hes easily better than Gutierrez at the min. But still would like to see him play LM for a game like

and anyways its his natural position  :D

Because a fullback can attack don't mean he should be used on the wing.... if we got our hands on Dani Alves he would be used as an Right-Forward ffs :lol:

Anyway a much needed a rest for him, hopefully Haidara comes in and we get to see what he's all about.

Not necessarily, but there's no reason not to give it a shot if/when Haidara is ready to make the step up.

LOL I wasn't saying play him there permanantaly - its just hes easily better than Gutierrez at the min. But still would like to see him play LM for a game like

and anyways its his natural position  :D

Tbf Gutierrez shouldn't be playing full stop, we have much better options than Santon on the wing..... Santon's strength is picking the ball up from deep and driving into space if he played on the wing this strength would be eradicated as he would have no space to run into.

I'm just really against attacking fullbacks moved into wingers just because they can attack, especially considering how effective attacking fullbacks are.

Anyway i understand what you are saying i just disagree with it, for one Santon doesn't have the end product as of yet to be effective there.

Despite that he was at fault (and he was), he was forward/out of position for ages. Surely other players have to aware enough to fill in, be it the winger dropping back and the centre midfielders shuffling over. I'd have to see it back on MOTD but I thought at the time he could have been helped out a little there. At least he's producing at the other end now though to help make up for his lack of defensive ability.

He's a liability at times but on the flip side he's also an asset going forward and part of the reason we scored 4 goals. 2nd goal was poor but there should've been cover from midfield when he went up the pitch.

Why wasn't there a player to cover him in defense when he tried to start an attack?

I wondered that, also i don't think he was awful for the most part he was for the second goal but that aside i thought he was okay defensively and offensively.

With that said he needs to improve and if he doesn't then he should be dropped, not like we don't have anyone behind him anymore.

He hasn't been himself for a while and has played practically every game. He is a very young player still let us not forget. I would be tempted to take him out of the team for a while, all part of the learning process.

Think Haidara should be given a few games instead but Pardew may make the call that that could damage Santon mentally too much I dunno

Pardew is very good at handling left out players.

Just explain why he is doing it and how it will make Santon a better player and it would be hard to disagree with imo.