Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest Roger Kint

Any mention on the fee agreed to make it permanent in the summer?

What does the fee matter? Could be 1p or £100m and we wont see it

Not bothered about him going but bothered about the defence and Ashley trousering the cash.

This really. I have never been that impressed by him, Janmaat and Haidara are better players, the only down side is the lack of cover.

Are we at least getting good money for him? Not that it matters much but if we're operating on a sell to buy system then getting good money for him would be nice.

3.7m Euros with a free loan apparently. Lost money but who cares as it is only going to Ashley.

Not bothered about him going but bothered about the defence and Ashley trousering the cash.

This really. I have never been that impressed by him, Janmaat and Haidara are better players, the only down side is the lack of cover.

Basically this...the club are clearly going to gamble on having Raylor at LB if Dummett has to go to CB - usual silk purse/sows ear policy.

You could probably count on one hand the amount of really good games he had for us, but he's one of those I was curious to see given another chance under a new manager. Since we're not really getting one I'm not too sorry to see him go, on an individual level. Obviously from the perspective of making the squad even smaller, it's pretty depressing stuff. This injury he's had is a weird one - what the heck has actually been wrong with him? I honestly can't even remember the last time he played; just a forgotten man these days.

All the best, Davide.

Well this is shit. Was looking forward to seeing him back in the team, and what the hell is the point in selling him for so little money? Not as if we're cash-strapped and we need all the defenders we have at the minute. What a joke of a club we are.

Can't wait to see what Carver has to say about his threadbare defense

He wont say anything, he already came out last week and said that he is head coach - therefore inbounds and out bounds are not part of his remit.  I would bet he knew this was happening and made that statement so that he wouldn't face any personal criticism over it!!

Can't wait to see what Carver has to say about his threadbare defense

Probably say how happy he is to work with such an efficient regime who have the best long term interests of the club at heart.

Whilst stroking Ashley and Chumley Warner off like a pro skier.