Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

I feel a bit sorry for him, he's clearly starting to get hacked off at the shite surrounding him in our team and I can see a red card imminent if he keeps up with these lunges and acts of petulance that we're starting to see.

Was the one player i didn't expect to be playing against Brighton,  has looked shattered over xmas and should have been rested for the cup game,  could easily have given Dummett a full debut or played fergie.

Earlier when he switched to the right and made a darting run inside into the Brighton half our midfield was no where to be seen, just walking / standing about. Not one player in a black n white shirt made themselves available.. I'd get fed up of that shit too tbf.

I think he's missing Jonas, needs that security blanket in front of him.

I agree.

I don't i have seen perform many times without Jonas in front of him he's mentally and physically shot and needs a rest but unfortunately we are in no position to do that.

We needed a reserve LB when Jose Enrique was here, got Santon in as his replacement after he left and are still short of cover in that position for god knows how many windows (since the Championship?).

The purple players BS means that we can't afford to rest tired and/or out-of-form players, and if injuries/suspensions strike our back four, the players that come in will be our agony. Fml.

That explains why we are that shit now, combining with Pardew's over-reliance on our starting eleven.

You know what Santon is kinda injury prone back in his early days so it's already a miracle for him to play THAT much this season.  The worst is yet to come...

Another member of TEAM Castellano/Español whose form has suddenly gone to absolute shit. Coincidental?

Santon speaks Italian tho. Surely he's in a separate team.

What about Anita/Krul, do they have a team?

It was in an interview with one of the players he knocks about with the TEAM Castellano/Español . Argie-Spanish (Castellano :pow:) and Italian aren't hugely different.

Either way, he needs a good performance sooner or later otherwise he'll need dropping. Can't believe he was left in at the weekend though, daftness.

Raylor is supposed to be the back up. Supposed.

Good enough to allow rest now and again and that's the problem, Santon has played like every game this season.

he's physically and mentally shot and honestly he's one of those in need of some competition.

Can't have more than 11 purples though....

Guest ItalianMagpie

It's probably because there aren't many Italians playing outside Italy.

Exactly. And most of the times, they don't last long abroad anyway and they always come back to play in Italy quite soon (with few exceptions, like Zola, Di Canio, Amoruso...), that's why they're constantly linked to italian sides, especially when papers have nothing else to talk about.

But Santon is apparently happy on Tyneside, got a local girlfriend and a baby coming so I'd dismiss this shit.

Don't think I've seen said local girlfriend....intriguing  :coolsmiley:

And she is pregnant, no way he will move now  :lol:

You say that but it's not like she's gonna be hauling boxes around moving out or changing jobs is it :lol: