Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

SD.com will know less than your average Newcastle fan.

I disagree. they have been given some pretty close access to Pardew/Players. And now that the local media are banned they are prob the only ones getting any first hand news. The Napoli interest could be bollocks, but either way its still them trying to flog him publicly.

:dowie:

"So we want to sell this player, shall we contact other clubs? His agent? Nah if we put an article on SD.com they'll be banging our door down".

They probably only avoided eBay because of the 5% they'll take from any fee we receive.

:lol: they can't be that blatant though can they? I'm not sure how its such a reach when KK court case basically proved they used the media to manipulate fans and put false stories out. Similar deal, just puts it out in the public domain, lets agents/clubs know he could be available.

So you think other clubs do their player purchases through Sports Direct.com? Seriously this is mental :lol:

SDnews broke the "news" about us bidding for Rooney, didn't they? :lol:

We were definitely trying to unsettle him though. I hope you are not disputing the incredibly high regard SDnews is held in within football's inner circle.

From.Com

Premier League:

Propaganda

The latest "exclusive" transfer tale from the consistently shabby Sports Direct News website concerns defender Davide Santon - now said to be a "potential target" of Serie A side Napoli, whatever that means.

While a constant stream of alleged links to players is now the daily norm, the SDN outlet seems to have a particular liking for tales of departures from SJP; Santon to Napoli coming hard on the heels of Santon to AC Milan, Krul to Arsenal, Cabaye to Roma and Cabaye to Arsenal.

Even this apparently informed source has been unable to unearth a possible suitor for Papiss Cisse as yet though...

That's me sold, can I take back my guffaws?

Go and have a look at SDN, in the last 2 days they have posted around 8 articles about Chelsea selling players.

Roman is obviously chucking Ashley a fair wedge to use his amazing selling machine of a website.

Or, maybe they just make lots of shit up and from time to time our players might be in one of their 'stories' instead of it being some ingenious marketing tool? :dontknow:

SDnews broke the "news" about us bidding for Rooney, didn't they? :lol:

One of their very first piece of news.

Was likely used to gauge the hits it generated and to put the SDnews name into the public domain. I wouldn't read too much into the 'reliability' of their reporting with that article.

They've had genuinely exclusive access to the playing and coaching staff in the past, as well as inside information on some of our transfer deals.

This is probably just the usual shite, but I wouldn't blame anyone for worrying there's more to it than that.

They've had genuinely exclusive access to the playing and coaching staff in the past, as well as inside information on some of our transfer deals.

This is probably just the usual shite, but I wouldn't blame anyone for worrying there's more to it than that.

Players we are interested in? Maybe but given some of the articles that is probably few and far between.

Players we are interested in selling? Don't see it at all, makes no sense.

I was referring to the Gosling stuff btw. Admittedly low-level, but they were getting information nobody else was. Saying they're trying to sell Santon via SDN is daft, but there could well be truth in it. Those are two different things.

I disagree. they have been given some pretty close access to Pardew/Players. And now that the local media are banned they are prob the only ones getting any first hand news. The Napoli interest could be bollocks, but either way its still them trying to flog him publicly.

"So we want to sell this player, shall we contact other clubs? His agent? Nah if we put an article on SD.com they'll be banging our door down".

They probably only avoided eBay because of the 5% they'll take from any fee we receive.

Generally a difference between going up to strangers with an item and saying "i really want to sell this" compared to just putting it in a shop window though. You dont have much negotiation power in the former really, going to someone gives you far less power than making them come to you.

Generally a difference between going up to strangers with an item and saying "i really want to sell this" compared to just putting it in a shop window though. You dont have much negotiation power in the former really, going to someone gives you far less power than making them come to you.

So you put an article on a website that struggles to compete with the reputation of tribalfootball?

Sorry this is absolutely ludicrous :lol:

In the literal sense they aren't trying to sell him via there. Which was never my point tbh. More so that as.com pointed out a succession of stories linking players away from NUFC is worrying IMO.

How else should people construe 'still them trying to flog him publicly'?

Stories linking players away are always unwelcome but I don't think its in the selling clubs interest to go about it in this way.

So you put an article on a website that struggles to compete with the reputation of tribalfootball?

Sorry this is absolutely ludicrous :lol:

Ive not even seen the story. Its most likely they just shove stories up to attract attention & sell their stuff.

Im arguing more against the concept that you'd go directly to clubs to try to make them bid on a player. That makes no sense atall in terms of negotiation, as opposed to Pardews past "oh we really want to keep players but it'll be sooo hard" bollocks that he's come out with.

Not wanting to focus on negatives but Santon is absolute dog s****, the lad cannot defend and is average at getting forward, would be looking to Dummett and Haidara to take over the LB slot ASAP, hopefully they are both battling for a start.

WOW