Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest reefatoon

Can't wait for the Mbabu, Willo, Good, Ferguson back 4

Two of those four were linked to a loan move to Rangers this morning.

It's not even that Santon is a star player or anything, but he seemed to really love the club and be settled in the area.

The way he's been treated is very much a microcosm of the way the club has treated the supporters, really. Going out of their way to antagonise people that genuinely love the club in pursuit of just that little bit more money. That's why his fiancee's criticisms hit home and why the club's denial of them will look so ridiculous. Of course this is how they do business. It's how they always do business.

Does the line 'if he stayed he wouldn't be in the team', not just mean he wasn't first choice by the way? Not defending the club but that's how I read it.

Would've been made to rot in the reserves.

Guest firetotheworks

Business FC. I like.

Money Inc.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mbarnb11SPk/TWdpjGztweI/AAAAAAAADdU/_XywzGZXQtQ/s1600/money-inc.jpg

They don't want to give him a new contract because he's been injured for a year and he's out of contract next summer.

So they're moving on while he maintains some value. Nothing's overly sinister since he's behind Haidara and Janmaat. Leaves the squad criminally weak but we know they don't care about that.

Business FC. I like.

Money Inc.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mbarnb11SPk/TWdpjGztweI/AAAAAAAADdU/_XywzGZXQtQ/s1600/money-inc.jpg

Most ridiculous story-line WWF ever had was teaming up the tax collector with the obscenely wealthy man.

Business FC. I like.

Money Inc.

Most ridiculous story-line WWF ever had was teaming up the tax collector with the obscenely wealthy man.

Thats real life tho.

They don't want to give him a new contract because he's been injured for a year and he's out of contract next summer.

So they're moving on while he maintains some value. Nothing's overly sinister since he's behind Haidara and Janmaat. Leaves the squad criminally weak but we know they don't care about that.

Waiting until the last day of the window forcing him out and not entertaining a replacement whilst banking more is completely sinister.

I hope you all join me in not giving a dime of your money to that fat fuck Ashley.

€4m according to a journo on Twitter. Absolutely scandalous what is happening at this club. Santon is absolutely one of the better players at this club, but because he has been injured for a while his ability has become almost forgotten and therefore any backlash from the fans would seem unreasonable as we're apparently getting rid of an 'injury prone player' for 'good money', that will be 'reinvested in the squad and the academy'. I actually fucking hate this club now, and passionately despise those who run it.

On the last fucking day of the window again.