Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Given his partners comments on Twitter it can't be that bad an injury. This smacks of the club just putting money over common sense.

Really horrible stuff really. He wasn't awesome here but I always thought he was solid and needed that long run of games to come good.

Very sad indeed. Always like Santon, seemed to care about the club and one of only a very small few that would be bothered that we got beat.

I do however wonder if his injuries are more serious than we know. He could easily have lost a lot of pace and why we've not played him even if he's fully fit. I hope not for him, but does make some kind of sense of the situation.

Never gonna fit in with the club culture with an attitude like that.

Probably best to get shot, dressing room harmony, blah blah etc.

Very sad indeed. Always like Santon, seemed to care about the club and one of only a very small few that would be bothered that we got beat.

I do however wonder if his injuries are more serious than we know. He could easily have lost a lot of pace and why we've not played him even if he's fully fit. I hope not for him, but does make some kind of sense of the situation.

Remember him apologising to the Gallowgate the match after his rick against Benfica. Rare to see.

I'll miss Santon. I had to check my older posts - December 2012 I penned a song about him. I said at the time that he had been just about our most consistent player that season. Things did start to slide however, both performances and the injuries.

For me though, it really is just bizarre how so many players hit a peak and then drop off significantly - we can all name quite a few! Will this change now that Pardew has gone? Who knows. But if in a few short weeks Santon is getting regular starts in Serie A, and is high up the rankings like Mbiwa, then it should give an absolutely definitive answer that something is / has been very, very wrong in the coaching / playing side of the club.

There's bugger all anyone can realistically do about the running of the club by the fat man, evidenced again by the loss of another good, young footballer. But hopefully changes will start to happen on the coaching / training front. Not that I'm holding my breath!

Relying on Saska, streete and Good to fill out our cb options (colo, willow and Dummett) grim.

Zero chance of a replacement for Santon, janmaat and Taylor at RB. Haidara and Dummy at LB. Then the likes of Anita, colback, Gutierrez and the younglings to fill in. Given the chaff below us in the table they will be more than happy to limp on to seasons end and maybe pick up a freebie.

on their way to Rangers (maybe) according to ssn so no.

Given his partners comments on Twitter it can't be that bad an injury. This smacks of the club just putting money over common sense.

Really horrible stuff really. He wasn't awesome here but I always thought he was solid and needed that long run of games to come good.

He was anything but solid.

He has his good and bad points, but in his time here, I didn't see much sign of improvement. Unlike Dummett and Haidara.

"Life is strange... I never expected to return... Thanks Newcastle and thanks to all the fans for these 3 and a half years together... we've spent many good times.... This city and this team will always remain in my heart.

I start a new adventure.... I'm happy to return to Inter... There I started my career and there I lived so many important moments.... I will give my best to repay the faith"

Davide Santon

This club is, has, and will be absolutely rotten to the fucking core under this ownership.

He's perfectly capable cover for both RB and LB, aswell as on the wing at a big push. However, having a player on the bench on 40k p/w who is good enough to be in the starting XI obviously isn't what this club is about.

Yeah, fuck squad depth, am sure when Willo and and Hiadara both pick up minor knocks we will be just as resolute with Dummett filling both those positions whilst we play with 10 men from kick off.

5 senior defenders man, disgusting cunts.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/02/f5aafd69d5743f7988a11ca5a407da25.jpg

If there's one thing I'm sure of in life, it's that you cannot beat the double-thumbs-up pose. It's so versatile and cheery.

I know him and his missus are pissed off, but I'm sure it's for the best.