Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest firetotheworks

For me i would have liked to see him played as a winger in a 4-4-2, just out of curiosity...

Yeah, he did have such fantastic end product.

Not that I'd ever have wanted Santon as anything other than a left back, but you say that like the alternative for most of the time wasn't Jonas Gutierrez.

He's got more talent in his little toe than Dummett does (and I don't mind Dummett)

The fact Dummett is a better defender, and has more goals that Santon despite playing far fewer games, suggests this might be a bit of an exaggeration.

That just isn't true.

Guest firetotheworks

Chronicle deleting my comments man.

Why do we bother, NUFC control the local media. I've totally had enough like.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

For me i would have liked to see him played as a winger in a 4-4-2, just out of curiosity...

:lol:

Probably no less than the rest of our wingers in his time here...

Right so...if he can't cross, he shouldn't be a winger? If he was as bad at defending then he shouldn't have been a defender?

I think playing on the wing without as much defensive responsibility, would have been a better position for Santon personally. All you had to do was watch him in warm ups and you could see he can cross and hit a shot...with his right though. When storming up from the back it's much easier to whip a ball in from your correct foot in your stride.

It's just sad that Dummett and Williamson are basically better than Santon and Mapou to this business. If you know anything about football, that's wrong. If not, you can compare careers now and see it's no contest, yet this business (and a few fans, mind) love the cloggers.

Now I don't mind Dummett at centre back. I'd much prefer to seen him alongside Mapou, developing a partnership than the pedestrian Williamson and Coloccini.

If only we could hire a guy to coach them.

He's got more talent in his little toe than Dummett does (and I don't mind Dummett)

The fact Dummett is a better defender, and has more goals that Santon despite playing far fewer games, suggests this might be a bit of an exaggeration.

That just isn't true.

What isn't true, that he has more goals or is a better defender?

:lol:

Probably no less than the rest of our wingers in his time here...

Right so...if he can't cross, he shouldn't be a winger? If he was as bad at defending then he shouldn't have been a defender?

I think playing on the wing without as much defensive responsibility, would have been a better position for Santon personally. All you had to do was watch him in warm ups and you could see he can cross and hit a shot...with his right though. When storming up from the back it's much easier to whip a ball in from your correct foot in your stride.

It's just sad that Dummett and Williamson are basically better than Santon and Mapou to this business. If you know anything about football, that's wrong. If not, you can compare careers now and see it's no contest, yet this business (and a few fans, mind) love the cloggers.

Now I don't mind Dummett at centre back. I'd much prefer to seen him alongside Mapou, developing a partnership than the pedestrian Williamson and Coloccini.

If only we could hire a guy to coach them.

I'm struggling to understand what side of the fence you're sitting on here.. :lol:

I agree with the vast majority of your post though.

Guest firetotheworks

What did you say like?

Just said that you've gotta love how Lee Ryder is calling someone saying that the club is interested in money and treats its fans like s*** [i used asterisks] "astonishing" as if her comments are the thing that are astonishing or unbelievable.

Then just said that it was written in crayon from within the club's pocket, as usual. 

That just isn't true.

What isn't true, that he has more goals or is a better defender?

That he's a better defender.

What did you say like?

Just said that you've gotta love how Lee Ryder is calling someone saying that the club is interested in money and treats its fans like s*** [i used asterisks] "astonishing" as if her comments are the thing that are astonishing or unbelievable.

Then just said that it was written in crayon from within the club's pocket, as usual.

:thup:

It's clear as day that NCJ are desperately trying to claw their way back into bed with the club. However, if they need it for sales and for them to stay 'alive' then you cannot really blame them as a business. Likewise, Lee Ryder probably has a wife and kids whom he has to support.

I completely agree with you like. The part where NCJ media fall down is that they haven't properly investigated Ashley and the way he has ran the club. As every local and national columnist should have done by now. It's a disgrace that this (Ashley's running of the club) has been left by so many, namely our own.

Guest firetotheworks

What did you say like?

It's clear as day that NCJ are desperately trying to claw their way back into bed with the club. However, if they need it for sales and for them to stay 'alive' then you cannot really blame them as a business. Likewise, Lee Ryder probably has a wife and kids whom he has to support.

I completely agree with you like. The part where NCJ media fall down is that they haven't properly investigated Ashley and the way he has ran the club. As every local and national columnist should have done by now. It's a disgrace that this (Ashley's running of the club) has been left by so many, namely our own.

I honestly couldn't care less about the paper and its survival if this is the level of its contribution towards our local society.

What did you say like?

I honestly couldn't care less about the paper and its survival if this is the level of its contribution towards our local society.

Aye. Fair dues.

Guest firetotheworks

Who the fuck do we think we are loaning players to Roma and Inter? :lol:

From the club that employed a Chelsea Stewart, who told Mike Ashley that Luka Modric wasn't good enough to play in the Premier League...over the word of Kevin Keegan.

Really not as fussed as some people are about this. Yes we've got shot of another squad player but that's the only downside to this. Lets be honest his injury record aint great and neither was Santon as a player. May be more to the injury than meets the eye.

As for his girlfriend what she has basically said is Santon turned them down the club said they wanted him to go and so he's gone. Isn't that usually how transfers work ? Yes I can imagine they are gutted cause Santon loved the club but like Shola before him and plenty others in the team he just isn't good enough.