Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Not surprised by this at all. The win at Hull means we are as good as safe, Santon's contract doesn't have long left so Mike once again sees the £££ signs and gets rid. Expect some 18yr old/free transfer to come in in the summer.

Not that disappointed Santon's gone tbh, think he was shite in a lot of games, and only played about 50% of our matches since he arrived. Still think we should have replaced him first mind you.

All they have to do is get a centre back in and it will make a bit more sense at least. It's so pathetic.

At least even a Bassong type, or something. A young guy with some promise and physicality.

We're not asking for the world here. Very annoying.

What for? We are closing in on 40pts so target will soon be met, and all without spending a penny on a CB.

He is Pardew signing last I checked Pardew left why we keep him if Carr doesn't rate him? From now on things will be like that constantly.

What evidence is there to suggest he was a Pardew signing?

Do your homework and find out I am not here to find you answers!

He is Pardew signing last I checked Pardew left why we keep him if Carr doesn't rate him? From now on things will be like that constantly.

What evidence is there to suggest he was a Pardew signing?

Do your homework and find out I am not here to find you answers!

But you're the one that made the claim?

A not very good right footed left back leaves when we have 4 players who can already play in that position.

I'm not arsed as I didn't rate Santon anyway and he's not likely to shift Haidara and Dummett anyway.

Not arsed we have 5 senior defenders for the rest of the season, one of which is Mike Williamson? What the fuck is wrong with people?

5?

We have 4 players who can play left back, Dummett, Haidara, Colback and Raylor.

Think about what you just said. Use your brain.

All they have to do is get a centre back in and it will make a bit more sense at least. It's so pathetic.

At least even a Bassong type, or something. A young guy with some promise and physicality.

We're not asking for the world here. Very annoying.

What for? We are closing in on 40pts so target will soon be met, and all without spending a penny on a CB.

Yup, they'll also point to the deal done for the Forest kid, but he should be here, and not stuck on Pearce's bench.

Can we not just get him over now. He's not even being used there.

A not very good right footed left back leaves when we have 4 players who can already play in that position.

I'm not arsed as I didn't rate Santon anyway and he's not likely to shift Haidara and Dummett anyway.

Not arsed we have 5 senior defenders for the rest of the season, one of which is Mike Williamson? What the fuck is wrong with people?

5?

We have 4 players who can play left back, Dummett, Haidara, Colback and Raylor.

Think about what you just said. Use your brain.

He's just thinking outside the box, man. Anita and Gouffran could probably do a job there an all, we're packed.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone that still believes that Andy Carroll handed in a transfer request wants to give their head a shake btw.

So he was forced to leave and told he wouldn't get a game by Charnley if he stayed here. So Charnley picks the fucken team now as well does he? Do we even need a head coach if this is the case. Fucken bunch of wankers!

He's a good lad and could have been a fine full back for us with a bit of decent coaching. I look forward to seeing his replacement in a meagre two years. We could've had Santon and Haidara challenging one another for a good few years, if we were still a proper club. Sad times.