Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Probably giggs, but in the full interview, Santon said he can play anywhere in midfield too...  :smitten:

Yup, seems like a kid who just wants to play, and came here because we offered him a first team place which he's been told he needs to stay in the national team.

Seems a lovely lad. :smitten:

Guest sydneycove

"Best supported club in the world" taking videos of the ground on his phone, this keepers a cult hero in the making tbh :lol:

White people cant be cult heroes. They can be idols or heroes or cultists but not cult heroes. Fact.  :snod:

Guest bimpy474

"Best supported club in the world" taking videos of the ground on his phone, this keepers a cult hero in the making tbh :lol:

White people cant be cult heroes. They can be idols or heroes or cultists but not cult heroes. Fact.  :snod:

What you talking about Willis ?

Guest Heneage

That reporter is f***ing terrible.

Sounds a bit dodgy with his tone.

It's more the wooden nature as well. It was like watching a talking statue ;)

Needs more hand gestures like.

Sure I'm not the first to say this..but while I am truly delighted and believe we have pulled off a potentially huge coup I am disappointed he looks to be our Enrique replacement.

For one I can't see him starting for us for a while, maybe I am wrong and he is physically and mentally ready, but for someone that already has a delicate confidence we will surely ease him in.

Great signing for the future but I don't know if he is a ready made replacement for Enrique. Literally I don't know that much about him, so feel free to fill me in if I am wrong. In addition to another more experienced LB I would be happier.

Fine work again from our team on the price though. Fantastic gamble if it pays off.

Sure I'm not the first to say this..but while I am truly delighted and believe we have pulled off a potentially huge coup I am disappointed he looks to be our Enrique replacement.

For one I can't see him starting for us for a while, maybe I am wrong and he is physically and mentally ready, but for someone that already has a delicate confidence we will surely ease him in.

Great signing for the future but I don't know if he is a ready made replacement for Enrique. Literally I don't know that much about him, so feel free to fill me in if I am wrong. In addition to another more experienced LB I would be happier.

Fine work again from our team on the price though. Fantastic gamble if it pays off.

I think he will go straight into the team, he's played champions league football, and has 7 Italy caps. Playing for Newcastle shouldn't be that big of a deal coming down from the San Siro.

Might have been posted in this thread, but has anyone got the quotes where he said it was easy marking Ronaldo?

from what I read on an Inter forum, he's definitely more comfortable on the right side of defence or moreso as a right wing back (as Inter play wingbacks). .....he had 2 big injuries (2009 and 2010 season) and the 2nd one really affected his form.

Quote from 2010 - Inter fan

I also think playing his natural side now that Maicon is most likely leaving will be very advantageous to him. Some of his defensive lapses this season were IMO because he was playing on the left, he was caught out because of his movement, I think that will get better when he's on the right

Guest Recoba

Every thread seems to head in a man love direction at some point....

Amazing that we have pulled this off. So rare for Italian internationals to leave Italy, especially for England.

Only seen this lad play a couple of times a couple of years ago when Mourinho was in charge.

As good as Jose? Doubtful but bags of potential and versatility.