Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest VaVaVoom

Will turn out to be an absolutely fantastic signing if he progresses at half the rate Jose did. There is no doubt about it that he is a better player than Jose was when he signed.

This lad is two footed, very good at reading the game, solid in a tackle and likes to get forward. Looks skillful too!

I couldnt actually believe it when we were linked with him. He's a name thats been banded about linked to CL teams. 5mil......a real deal!

Shame we couldnt of got Cissokho to play LB and had Santon at RB....now that would of been a back four AND midfield to be proud of!

Guest Howaythetoon

From the clips he looks like a winger or rather plays like one, taking on his man with skill, tricks and pace. Could be good going forward like which I always thought was Jose's weakest area.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Will turn out to be an absolutely fantastic signing if he progresses at half the rate Jose did. There is no doubt about it that he is a better player than Jose was when he signed.

This lad is two footed, very good at reading the game, solid in a tackle and likes to get forward. Looks skillful too!

I couldnt actually believe it when we were linked with him. He's a name thats been banded about linked to CL teams. 5mil......a real deal!

Shame we couldnt of got Cissokho to play LB and had Santon at RB....now that would of been a back four AND midfield to be proud of!

Cissokho and Santon would have been absolutely fucking unreal.

I think Newcastle at the moment is probably more attractive to top, promising players from the continent, than middle of the range Premier League players.

Can see Premier League players preferring the likes of Stoke, Sunderland, Bolton.

Can see French, Italian, Dutch, etc. preferring us.

Guest Rainforest

I think Newcastle at the moment is probably more attractive to top, promising players from the continent, than middle of the range Premier League players.

Can see Premier League players preferring the likes of Stoke, Sunderland, Bolton.

Can see French, Italian, Dutch, etc. preferring us.

aye, probably because domestic players know all to well how we are ran, while foreigners are yet to find out :lol:

Guest Rainforest

Cissokho and Santon would have been absolutely f***ing unreal.

Just spending the Caroll-money from January - which were completely unexpected  -, we could have signed Cissokho, Cissè and pieters in addition to those we have already signed.

Would have made us instant contenders for the 5-6th spot in the league imo.

Opportunity missed?

Im here to be proven wrong but in 08/09 im pretty sure he looked 2-footed to me like...havent seen much of him since 2010 tbh, but he looked very assured on both...every player favours one foot but he has a very decent left foot, can deffs cross with it...

Guest optimistic nit

anyone know why inter let him go for 5 million? sorry if its already been discussed, its the only thing putting me off getting excited by this deal. who is ahead of him in the pecking order?

I don't understand football clubs. If you have a talented 20 year old footballer with name recognition who was considered a world class prospect a year ago, it is prudent to keep him on your books. Have some idiot club pay you 1 million for his services on loan, as insurance if the player actually fulfills his potential and becomes a 20 million pund player. It is worth forgoing the five million.

I don't understand football clubs. If you have a talented 20 year old footballer with name recognition who was considered a world class prospect a year ago, it is prudent to keep him on your books. Have some idiot club pay you 1 million for his services on loan, as insurance if the player actually fulfills his potential and becomes a 20 million pund player. It is worth forgoing the five million.

Yep. It's a nonsense decision from Inter's POV. Even if the kid has fallen off the path slightly...he's 20! 20 is absolutely nothing in football, especially for a fullback. Look at some of the Italian defenders that have played well into their 30s.