Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Been watching some 'Davide Santon vs. ...' from his time at Cesena on the tube. He looks very useful, likes to get up and down the line a fair bit and take on his man, with some nice skills, which is great to see. Defensively, I wasn't expecting him to be great at all but he surprised me and looked very solid, he's quick for a tall lad which is a great asset and looks pretty strong as well (one-on-ones he appears to be good at, Jose anyone?).

the skepticism on this board towards him is due to not having seen him i guess, but id put him above Jose when he joined by quite a long way, so imagine if he develops anywhere near as much as Jose did...

Been watching some 'Davide Santon vs. ...' from his time at Cesena on the tube. He looks very useful, likes to get up and down the line a fair bit and take on his man, with some nice skills, which is great to see. Defensively, I wasn't expecting him to be great at all but he surprised me and looked very solid, he's quick for a tall lad which is a great asset and looks pretty strong as well (one-on-ones he appears to be good at, Jose anyone?).

I looked at a couple of them and it seems they played him on the right

I looked at a couple of them and it seems they played him on the right

right back but can play on the left, 2-footed

Really excited about this lad watched a few clips and looks good on the ball ,2 good feet and puts it about a bit and hopefully we can build him up and the fans will love him get behind him and jose will quickly be forgotten about even though i wish he was still here .

Really excited about this lad watched a few clips and looks good on the ball ,2 good feet and puts it about a bit and hopefully we can build him up and the fans will love him get behind him and jose will quickly be forgotten about even though i wish he was still here .

tbf, Jose on the left and Santon on the right would =  :fwap:

tbf, Jose on the left and Santon on the right would =  :fwap:

:smitten: but its gone now  :weep:

http://www.football-italia.net/sep3m.html

Davide Santon reveals why he opted to join Newcastle United rather than Roma and “it was over at Inter.”

The full-back shot to fame under Jose Mourinho when he was promoted from the youth team at the age of 18, but amid injuries and management changes, spent much of the last two years in the stands.

“I was very close to joining Roma and they were the only Italian club I’d have accepted with enthusiasm, because the new management gives space to young players,” Santon told the Corriere dello Sport.

“Roma enquired after me several times, proposing a loan deal, as did Newcastle. With three days of the transfer session left, the British club made the right proposal to Inter.

“I was very glad, as otherwise I risked staying at San Siro and sitting in the stands for the whole season.

“It was over at Inter. My adventure had concluded and I would not have had the opportunity to prove myself again.”

Guest Haris Vuckic

A loan offer is somewhat uncharacteristic of our approach to transfers, especially towards players like Santon.  Might suggest that there are some uncertainties over him from the club?

Ben Arfa & Simpson were both loan deals before being signed.