Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest bimpy474

Complete full back. Seen as the "new Maldini". No s***. True story.

I refuse to accept this, Maldini was my all time football idol, theres only one Paolo  :smitten:

This is for you  :angry:

:)

Quick google search "Davide Santon + new Paolo Maldini" and you get a gazillion hits.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2695/86967.png

:smitten:

:clap2: Wow.

Santon, not ugly either.

http://www.canonphoto.eu/pictures/lowres/20091023/Davide-Santon--0000031878.jpg

If he's half the player Maldini was, i shall have a happy wank everyday at noon.

If true they're only letting him go because he didn't turn out to be the player they first thought he would be. Hence the loan to Cessena.

Inter also let Andrea Pirlo go. They do it all the time with young Italian players.

Guest bimpy474

If true they're only letting him go because he didn't turn out to be the player they first thought he would be. Hence the loan to Cessena.

Or at his age he needed games as there's no reserve footy in Italy.

Accept my version or i'll be round to give you a chinese burn :D

Interesting link, but again we can only believe it if and when the kid signs on. Wondering why if he is so highly rated as to why Inter want shot? Are they in financial difficulty or does the lad want first team football which they can't give him? ???

Would be happy if we got him and Cissokho and moved Danny to the bench. Would make us really strong at the back, sure we've conceded only once but thats all down to our CBs and Krul.

Hate to be cynical but it aint going to happen.

Can't see us replacing Simpson for the reasons Dave gave earlier :dontknow:

I know people dont rate Simpson but i think other areas need attention more right now, i still think he can grow into the role the older he gets, hoping like.

There is also Tavernier to consider who seems to be improving rapidly now and with Ryan Taylor who can play in that position, I would rather we concentrate on other areas where we desperately need bodies.

Guest bimpy474

Interesting link, but again we can only believe it if and when the kid signs on. Wondering why if he is so highly rated as to why Inter want shot? Are they in financial difficulty or does the lad want first team football which they can't give him? ???

Its this trust us ;)

Complete full back. Seen as the "new Maldini". No s***. True story.

I refuse to accept this, Maldini was my all time football idol, theres only one Paolo  :smitten:

This is for you  :angry:

:)

Quick google search "Davide Santon + new Paolo Maldini" and you get a gazillion hits.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2695/86967.png

:smitten:

:clap2: Wow.

Santon, not ugly either.

http://www.canonphoto.eu/pictures/lowres/20091023/Davide-Santon--0000031878.jpg

If he's half the player Maldini was, i shall have a happy w*** everyday at noon.

I'll copy that.

Guest bimpy474

Would be happy if we got him and Cissokho and moved Danny to the bench. Would make us really strong at the back, sure we've conceded only once but thats all down to our CBs and Krul.

Hate to be cynical but it aint going to happen.

Can't see us replacing Simpson for the reasons Dave gave earlier :dontknow:

I know people dont rate Simpson but i think other areas need attention more right now, i still think he can grow into the role the older he gets, hoping like.

There is also Tavernier to consider who seems to be improving rapidly now and with Ryan Taylor who can play in that position, I would rather we concentrate on other areas where we desperately need bodies.

Exactly, forgot about Tav, really is improving well, Pardew deserves some credit for wanting the kids out on loan to get them proper competitive footy.

Guest bimpy474

NEWCASTLE United are hoping to make a breakthrough in the transfer window by signing Inter Milan defender Davide Santon.

The 20-year-old has been on Newcastle's radar throughout the summer but talk in Italy on Sunday evening suggested that a £5million deal was close.

United are yet to verify the move but it is believed that the versatile full-back is on Alan Pardew's wanted list with the squad's lack of depth a concern going into the final few days of the transfer window.

*For more coverage of the latest transfer news and coverage of the 2-1 win over Fulham see tomorrow's Evening Chronicle.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/28/nufc-hope-to-close-in-on-davide-santon-72703-29320168/#ixzz1WMp54vPy