Federico Macheda on loan?

jdckelly

Promising young player, will be furious if this is the only striker we bring in before the deadline though.

We've had 7 months and 35m to sort this out with, if the only striker we end up with from this is a free transfer with massive injury concerns it'll be a shambles.

i would suggest you to forget about the 35m to make yourself feel better

Macheda is a very good player he's getting a lot of stick because of his time at Sampdoria where he had literally no service

It's not so much that I don't rate him.  I think he's a talented youngster, a bit unproven at this level mind.  I just don't see the point in improving a player from another team in the league.  People will complain that we didn't play him enough (Rossi), or he'll just f*** off back to Man U at the end of the season and look decent for them (Welbeck).

We really should have had our own striker in a long time ago.  It's likely that Macheda will just take the place of Sammy or Vuckic on the bench and hinder their development.

At least with Sturridge you know you'll get goals and he'd start every week, and if we got PVA we'd have a chance of signing him at the end of the loan.  Probably the only two loan deals I'd be keen on.

Good post, Macheda is a good player but this makes no sense to us in the long term. All those thinking Macheda is coming in with Maiga/Roux: dream on.

If Macheda comes in then he is the new striker. :(

14 games for Sampdoria last season..... 0 goals....

Scored 1.

According to espn stats he only started 5 games for sampdoria in total. Started 2 cup games, scored 1. Started 3 league games, 11 sub appearances and 0 goals. Seems a bit harsh to judge him based on mainly sub appearances.

Would people prefer if we went for Bendtner instead? He's a better striker but not going to provide us with pace off a front man, which is what we need IMO. Might be why we are considering Macheda as he is more the type we are looking to bring in, if not the quality we expected.

I would, and i think Bendtner's average at best.

Young players always tend to look shit when they play for a shit team.

But anyway, I don't think he's any good. He has decent technique but he's slow and that's not what we need at the moment.

He's fucked if he comes to us then. :troll:

Would people prefer if we went for Bendtner instead? He's a better striker but not going to provide us with pace off a front man, which is what we need IMO. Might be why we are considering Macheda as he is more the type we are looking to bring in, if not the quality we expected.

I would, and i think Bendtner's average at best.

Maiga or Roux.

Hate loan deals, unless they ate try before buy types. Really don't see the point in helping develop someone else's prospects. Funny last year everyone was having a go at me for not wanting the Ireland loan to go through, but what a collosal success that was.

Hate loan deals, unless they ate try before buy types. Really don't see the point in helping develop someone else's prospects. Funny last year everyone was having a go at me for not wanting the Ireland loan to go through, but what a collosal success that was.

If Ireland didn't get another injury he probably would have done alright tbh.

I don't mind loans but it depends on the loan.

Marcheda? No, A defender, yes please.

Only seen him play a few times, but looked handy in those games. Would prefer Roux / Maiga (purely for the reason that they'd actually be our player), but I don't have a massive issue with this if it came to it.

Still pathetic that we haven't tied down a more "proven" goalscorer though (yet).

BA

2005–2006 Rouen 26 (22)

2006–2007 Mouscron 12 (8)

2007–2011 1899 Hoffenheim 97 (37)

2011 West Ham United 12 (7)

2011– Newcastle United 2 (0)

Not a good player. Actually is a decent finisher but doesn't have much else. Still living off a good goal which was important to us in the title race a few years back against Villa. A mate who follows Serie A said he was dire for Sampdoria. Sammy's probably better!