Federico Macheda on loan?

jdckelly

Hate loan deals, unless they ate try before buy types. Really don't see the point in helping develop someone else's prospects. Funny last year everyone was having a go at me for not wanting the Ireland loan to go through, but what a collosal success that was.

If Ireland didn't get another injury he probably would have done alright tbh.

I don't mind loans but it depends on the loan.

Marcheda? No, A defender, yes please.

But he was injured when we loaned him, that was part of my argument, that and his undoubted questionable character

Yeah, last striker we signed on loan from Man Utd was rubbish - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Rossi

:troll:

11 games, 0 goals. Exactly what we need, right? Know where your coming from (even if joking a bit), but the player who Rossi is now, is not the one we had. The same will probably be for Macheda. Not that I think Macheda will be half as good as Rossi.

To be fair on Rossi he was never really given a fair crack of the whip by Roeder, majority of his games were off the bench so it's difficult to tell quite how good he could have been for us. Went to Parma and did very well for them in the same season. But yeah, would be very very surprised if Macheda turned out anywhere near as good as Rossi.

Rossi did score on absolute class goal for us when given a start which hinted at his potential class. Unfortunately Roeder had the spine of a jelly fish so he wasn't prepared to upset any of the senior pros by giving him one of their spots.

Don't want him.

Loans within the same division should be banned. If he's shit hot, he'll go back to Man Utd and be fully-ready for the rigours of the Premiership. Or we'll pay a king's ransom to keep hold of him.

Load of bull.

Rossi did score on absolute class goal for us when given a start which hinted at his potential class. Unfortunately Roeder had the spine of a jelly fish so he wasn't prepared to upset any of the senior pros by giving him one of their spots.

Ferguson wouldn't let him play in the UEFA Cup. As that was more or less half of our competitive games, it meant he had little chance of establishing himself.

Don't want him.

Loans within the same division should be banned. If he's shit hot, he'll go back to Man Utd and be fully-ready for the rigours of the Premiership. Or we'll pay a king's ransom to keep hold of him.

Load of bull.

Aye, bet Bolton are feeling they got the right shitty end of the stick having Sturridge for a year. Likewise Sunderland with Welbeck.

/Have no problem with adding the option of Macheda to our strikeforce for the season.

Would anyone take him if it was not a loan?

I'd prefer him on loan if he's coming here tbh. I agree with Bottledog, the talk about polishing other clubs players for them is drivel. If he's not got pace then it seems a pointless signing either way.

Don't want him.

Load of bull.

Aye, bet Bolton are feeling they got the right shitty end of the stick having Sturridge for a year. Likewise Sunderland with Welbeck.

/Have no problem with adding the option of Macheda to our strikeforce for the season.

Could you miss the point any more, do you think BottleDog?

He went on loan to Sampdoria for half a season last season (I think). No idea how well he did there. I'd much rather we permanently sign a striker (Maiga or Roux, most likely) and pass on this completely.

Not seen that much of him but weren't people saying that Welbeck was dogshite when he signed on loan for the Mackems last season?

Surely he'd be better than nothing and may keep Loven away from the starting line up - must be seen as a positive?

Not seen that much of him but weren't people saying that Welbeck was dogshite when he signed on loan for the Mackems last season?

Surely he'd be better than nothing and may keep Loven away from the starting line up - must be seen as a positive?

Sammy Ameobi. There is no way to spin the signing of Macheda to anything positive.

Don't want him.

Load of bull.

I'm not sure Beren, I'm just not sure. :no:

Do tell me again if possible what your point actually is (and why presumably you think that cases like Sturridge for Bolton do not give a clear indication as to why all the clubs are happy with the current ruling).

Don't want him.

Load of bull.

I'm not sure Beren. :no:

Do tell me again what is your point actually is, and why presumably you think that cases like Sturridge for Bolton don't make a mockery of it.

In this day and age, if Citeh/Man Utd/Liverpool can loan players within the division, who aren't allowed to face their parent club, they've essentially got agents at other clubs. So basically, the big clubs can use the smaller clubs within the division to take points off their rivals.

Also, the big clubs get to give their youngsters/newbies time to bed in to the Premiership without having any of the risk of dropping them points. They then get first-team ready footballers back. Clubs who don't have limited resources aren't afforded the same option! We need our youngsters because we can't afford two superstars in every position!

All this just serves to increase the gap between them and us, when we should be trying to bridge the gap - even if it is unrealistic. It should at least be our aim.

Furthermore, I haven't seen anything of Macheda (admittedly not a great deal) to suggest he's any better than what we have here. Also, I dislike Man Utd.

Also, I don't think a short-term loan is the answer to our problems. Is Macheda a replacement for Carroll in your opinion? Or is he akin to unproven entities we have enough of at the club?

Sunderland are suffering having had Welbeck yanked back from them, and wouldn't be surprised if Bolton struggle for a cutting edge up front soon (though Klasnic has had a decent start to the season). I want a long-term solution for Newcastle that is engineered with us as the number one priority. Not the development of the loaned player, or for the loaning club.