Federico Macheda on loan?

jdckelly

Guest WashyGeordie

Seems clear we've reached the last name on the striker list handed over by Carr and Pardew.

Great job Derek...

As if it was Derek's fault that Gervinho and Gameiro opted for teams who were in Europe...

Seems clear we've reached the last name on the striker list handed over by Carr and Pardew.

Great job Derek...

As if it was Derek's fault that Gervinho and Gameiro opted for teams who were in Europe...

Llambias's follower?  :memelol:

Guest Chubby Jason

Great job Derek...

:lol: those deals collapsed about two months ago :mackems:

Guest WashyGeordie

Great job Derek...

:lol: those deals collapsed about two months ago :mackems:

And?

He was on about 'the list', which obviously they (G&G) were our top targets and Macheda apparently bottom, so...

Looks blatantly like hes on stand by in case other moves fall through. Is he known to put a shift in?

He'll run all day for you. Has a good attitude towards the game.

Is he actually any good though?

Nope.

:lol: a nice simple answer.

Said before, I think he's a decent enough finisher, but offers very little else. Does well in pre-season, flops in the main games. I think Obertan is useless as well mind and he's made a promising enough start for NUFC so you never know.

He will run around like a headless chicken though so could be useful to bring on if you want to hassle the opposition. In terms of changing games, no.

Again, Froggy rates Lovenkrands.

:lol:

I don't think Lovenkrands is bad.

EDIT: That is mainly based on his Championship season mind. His record isn't too bad it comes to goals. It's different with Macheda and Obertan though :lol: I know them very, very well.

Yeah, last striker we signed on loan from Man Utd was rubbish - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Rossi

:troll:

11 games, 0 goals. Exactly what we need, right? Know where your coming from (even if joking a bit), but the player who Rossi is now, is not the one we had. The same will probably be for Macheda. Not that I think Macheda will be half as good as Rossi.

To be fair on Rossi he was never really given a fair crack of the whip by Roeder, majority of his games were off the bench so it's difficult to tell quite how good he could have been for us. Went to Parma and did very well for them in the same season. But yeah, would be very very surprised if Macheda turned out anywhere near as good as Rossi.