Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest Jungle Barry

Apologies if I'm dredging up old news but has there been anything regarding Debuchy other than the Cabaye twitter stuff?

A few stories here and there on a few French websites and in the Journal.

Nice one, cheers

Guest MrSundlofer

Did he get done for that racism or was it just alleged?

It's reported he said "dirty Corsican" to a player at Ajaccio... but he denies it.

Would Aquilani be someone we could consider? Don't seem to be getting his contract at Milan, and Dalglish doesn't see anything in him. I for one think he is the kind of player we need. Somewhat box-to-box with great technique and an eye for a pass. Also loves those ghosting runs into the box.

Marvin Martin next please Yohan :D

Like the idea of Martin too. Had a quiet year and so might fit into the bargain category.

Would still probably cost around €10m, would rather add around 5 and get Belhanda instead, or at least try!

Whilst I think a striker is one of the last positions we need to fill at the moment if we could offload the likes of Best I would love to see us go for Derdiyok.  Would offer us a different approach up front and he only has 12 months remaining on his contract so could probably be picked up for a decent fee.

Don't care how good they might be but i don't think we can afford to take anymore african players.  We are already set to lose 3 big players and i think thats enough.

+1

Whilst I think a striker is one of the last positions we need to fill at the moment if we could offload the likes of Best I would love to see us go for Derdiyok.  Would offer us a different approach up front and he only has 12 months remaining on his contract so could probably be picked up for a decent fee.

I'd love to see him here too. :thup:

For me to improve next season we need to bring in top players to play the follwoing position:

CB -staylor had an outstanding start but still need the top class cover

RB simmo is average to poor prem rb

CM – jonas works his socks off and i like him but need another quality cm to take his place. Another cabaye please lol.

LW – BA does not cut it out on the left and need someone in the HBA mould that can beat people at will. Hoillet anyone?

Ba does cut it out wide imo and we have seen some good performances there. He's without confidence and lacking in fitness.

Agree. If he keeps working he'll start scoring again, need to keep those 3 upfront imo. Obviously a new striker/forward in the squad player to challenge them would be good.

For me to improve next season we need to bring in top players to play the follwoing position:

CM – jonas works his socks off and i like him but need another quality cm to take his place. Another cabaye please lol.

LW – BA does not cut it out on the left and need someone in the HBA mould that can beat people at will. Hoillet anyone?

Luckily i think thats exactly what the club is tracking.... if we were to hold on to 4th id want Debuchy, M'biwa/Douglas, CM and Hoilett/Moses.

I'd agree with all four.

On the full back position, I think we could alternatively buy another LB and switch Santon to the right.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd agree with all four.

On the full back position, I think we could alternatively buy another LB and switch Santon to the right.

RB debuchy

CB douglas

CM Sygnaunsson???

LW Moses

A bit too simplistic for our transfer strategy