Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Mentioned him for a while but Pepe Reina. Probably not as good as he was but getting on so Napoli will no doubt be looking to phase out soon, Rafa clearly knows and likes him. For a season or two he could be ideal, similar to Valdes at Boro, and it wouldn't do Darlow and Woodman any harm having him to learn from.

If Krul doesn't return it's an obvious one. I saw him in the Trafford Centre not so long back so he's obviously still got links here too.

Think we'd need to get at least one of our keepers off the books to bring in another, mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd be all over Hart like if we get promoted. He's not world-class, but for me he's top-class. 3 mistakes a season usually and is easily one of the best in the PL IMO.

Its also been reported that Palace could be looking to offload Benteke, again I'd be all over that.

I'd be all over Hart like if we get promoted. He's not world-class, but for me he's top-class. 3 mistakes a season usually and is easily one of the best in the PL IMO.

Its also been reported that Palace could be looking to offload Benteke, again I'd be all over that.

Thinking like the way the regime do then we can forget about the likes of Benteke and id agree in this case.  A minimum £20m transfer fee and a 5 or 6 year contract at a minimum of £80k a week on an average player is just daft.    You'd then be talking of a minimum £40m outlay on what would more than likely be a gamble on us targetting 17th and above.

Realistically I remember saying somewhere that we'd target Hart or at least have stories of us wanting him by January just gone.  I also expect us to concentrate on the usual model at getting players on the cheap with hidden release clauses not to mention players on their way back or having recovered from injury.    If promoted I reckon the first season back will be quite strict for Rafa but if he achieves the bullet points of Ashley's targets for the season then he'll be allowed a bit of leeway the season after as long as he sticks to the wage structure.

Realistically our biggest target this Summer is to keep Rafa again.

We have 4 keepers. Completely unnecessary to have so many.

You make it sound like we can put them all in nets at the same time. :lol:

Krul at his best is good enough to play for us in the PL, but the rest aren't. It's one of those positions where over the years we've tried to grab bargains here and there instead of just biting the bullet and bringing someone in with a proven track record of being adequate at top level.

Have we spent more than £15m in the history of our football club on keepers? :lol:

Noticeable amounts...Beasant, Srnicek, Hooper, Hislop, Given, Darlow, Sels...can't be much more.

In respect of Beasant, it was a record between English clubs at the time if I remember rightly and in that case you can only measure it with the record of today which I think is £12m but im probably wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Sounds like Wilshire will be available.  Been dropped by Bournemouth last 2 games and looking like they won't sign him.