Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Victor Moses seems to have come out of his shell this season. Given Wigan's likely relegation, he's likely to be available and within our means.

We don't have a player of that type at the moment.

Still pissed that he turned us down for them a couple of years ago. I know they were in the Prem then, but we were well on our way to promotion at that stage and he would almost certainly have been playing every week given our options. Still, at least he's got hoards of empty seats to cheer him on every week.

Turned out a good decision to go to Wigan really though, no? He broke into the team, impressed everyone and will probably get a good move when they get relegated.

Must admit, I'm mildly aroused by the thought of those 3 somehow clicking and us buying a box-to-box player to supplement Tiote and Cabaye.

Need a new fullback too though.

Aye, rather a fullback than a box-to-box. We have Guthrie, Jonas (has been ok playing through the middle), Marv can probably do an ok job there.

But we have shit fullback defensively. Santon is good going forward but hell sometimes he cant defend for shit.

We are certainly after a defender, its no coincidence we have been linked to every player in france or holland. If the Cisse signing is anything to go by, which revealed a lot in terms of the way we work, then it wouldn't suprise me if we are waiting on someone specific. One of the french (based) left backs would be my guess and one of the dutch (based) centre halfs.

We need a fullback no matter what system we're going to be playing, sure it's top of the list. Likely to be Pieters I would think.

CB and FB are absolute musts irrelevant of how we play and what system we go with we need that in the very least, after that you can look at extra midfielders and what ever else.

Guest MrSundlofer

TRANSFER TARGETS SUMMER 2012

Realistic players to sign in the summer...

- max 25 years old

- have potential

- based abroad

- cost max £8M

- can be sold for a higher fee.

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

22 years old from France. A central defender playing at Montpellier in Ligue 1. According to media we have scouted him several times. Cost: £5M - £8M.

Benjamin Corgnet

24 years old from France. A central midfielder with an eye for goal playing at Dijon in Ligue 1. His club rejected an offer from us in January and said they wanted to keep him to the summer, according to someone at the club. Chelsea also interested. Cost: £4M - £5M.

Faouzi Ghoulam

21 years old from France. A left back playing for Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1. Was linked with us in January, but also with Queens Park Rangers and Roma. Is having a good season with his club. Cost: £2M - £3M.

Aymen Abdennour

22 years old from Tunisia. A left back, but can also play as a left winger, from Toulouse in Ligue 1. A part of the very good Toulouse defence. Linked with Arsenal and Stoke City in January. Cost: £3M - £4M.

Romain Hamouma

24 years old from France. An attacking midfielder who plays for Caen in Ligue 1. A very tricky and fast player. Cost: £3M.

Frédéric Bulot

21 years old from France. A midfielder, can play as a central midfielder or in an attacking position, who plays for Caen in Ligue 1. Very technical and has 8 caps for France U21. Cost: £2M - £4M.

Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

20 years old from France. A central defender who plays for Valenciennes in Ligue 1. Played 24 games in the league for his club this season. 3 caps for France. Cost: £2M - £5M.

And to answer your question: How many of them have you seen play? All of them.

Guest MrSundlofer

My question is actually: which ones do you think are any good?

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is very good. His team will most likely play in the Champions League next season. But who knows? Yohan Cabaye decided to come here.

I like Benjamin Corgnet very much. If we play 4-3-3 next season I would love to have him in that midfield.

And the rest are players with potential, players I think we have on our radar. Think Sebastian Bassong.

I know this is controversial, but I'd quite like us to sign a couple of non-French players. I love all the French lads, but another contingent would add a bit of diversity to the squad.

To me we should get the best players that our budget and transfer policy allows irrelevant of nationality.

I know this is controversial, but I'd quite like us to sign a couple of non-French players. I love all the French lads, but another contingent would add a bit of diversity to the squad.

To me we should get the best players that our budget and transfer policy allows irrelevant of nationality.

Yes we should, but we also need to consider the makeup of the squad and how they function together. It seems like we consider players' characters pretty closely now anyway mind, so hopefully we are thinking of this stuff.

TRANSFER TARGETS SUMMER 2012

Realistic players to sign in the summer...

- max 25 years old

- have potential

- based abroad

- cost max £8M

- can be sold for a higher fee.

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

22 years old from France. A central defender playing at Montpellier in Ligue 1. According to media we have scouted him several times. Cost: £5M - £8M.

Benjamin Corgnet

24 years old from France. A central midfielder with an eye for goal playing at Dijon in Ligue 1. His club rejected an offer from us in January and said they wanted to keep him to the summer, according to someone at the club. Chelsea also interested. Cost: £4M - £5M.

Faouzi Ghoulam

21 years old from France. A left back playing for Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1. Was linked with us in January, but also with Queens Park Rangers and Roma. Is having a good season with his club. Cost: £2M - £3M.

Aymen Abdennour

22 years old from Tunisia. A left back, but can also play as a left winger, from Toulouse in Ligue 1. A part of the very good Toulouse defence. Linked with Arsenal and Stoke City in January. Cost: £3M - £4M.

Romain Hamouma

24 years old from France. An attacking midfielder who plays for Caen in Ligue 1. A very tricky and fast player. Cost: £3M.

Frédéric Bulot

21 years old from France. A midfielder, can play as a central midfielder or in an attacking position, who plays for Caen in Ligue 1. Very technical and has 8 caps for France U21. Cost: £2M - £4M.

Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

20 years old from France. A central defender who plays for Valenciennes in Ligue 1. Played 24 games in the league for his club this season. 3 caps for France. Cost: £2M - £5M.

And to answer your question: How many of them have you seen play? All of them.

We should just move the club to France, people won't be happy until then.

Guest MrSundlofer

What's wrong with posting realistic transfer targets from the French league? We clearly favors players from there.

Taylor aside (and even that'll be a maybe) chances are we'll have a 100% foreign strongest starting XI for the first time next season I reckon.

Then maybe Simpson (although I think he'll be off) and then Raylor, Williamson & Ameobi's kicking about in the backups.

Taylor aside (and even that'll be a maybe) chances are we'll have a 100% foreign strongest starting XI for the first time next season I reckon.

Then maybe Simpson (although I think he'll be off) and then Raylor, Williamson & Ameobi's kicking about in the backups.

What about Steven Taylor?

What about Steven Taylor?

What's wrong with posting realistic transfer targets from the French league? We clearly favors players from there.

It's a shame people are so willingly accepting that this is the way the club should go. Tell you now SBR wouldn't like it one bit, loved his vision for the club, shame it never became a reality.

Would be nice to have some connection to the club; identity is lost a little bit more each day, one way or another.