Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Still think we'll be in for Barnetta on a free. On him btw, he started his first game for Leverkusen at the weekend.

Forgot about him tbh! Yeah, wouldn't mind him at all. Squad depth ftw.

I've been thinking that I'd like us to sign Sigurdsson. Would give us goals from midfield and a proper set piece expert.

However, signing him for the midfield 3 would mean Cabaye deeper again when he's had so much success in an advanced position. Still an option to look at though, I reckon he's coming to the Prem permanently in the summer regardless.

Iv just read the last few pages, does xisco have another season left on his contract??? :lol: :lol:

I bloody hope not  :lol:

Also the other thing that is great about the 4-3-3 is it allows Cabaye and the rest of the midfielders to not be static in thier movements so Cabaye would'nt necessarily have to play deep next to Tiote.

So if with were to buy another CM be it Sigurdsson or who ever then they could easily play alongside Cabaye and have Tiote as the screen in front of the back 4.

Or the new CM could swap roles with Cabaye if he's technically sound enough. It doesnt have to be as static as how it appears on paper.

I've been thinking that I'd like us to sign Sigurdsson. Would give us goals from midfield and a proper set piece expert.

However, signing him for the midfield 3 would mean Cabaye deeper again when he's had so much success in an advanced position. Still an option to look at though, I reckon he's coming to the Prem permanently in the summer regardless.

Could play him alongside Cabaye with Tiote behind, or use him when Cabaye is rested? Squad depth ftw, as someone said a few posts up.

Guest magpie99

Iv just read the last few pages, does xisco have another season left on his contract??? :lol: :lol:

Yes, one more year to be loaned out, no doubt.

On the subject of Curtis Good, I am from Melbourne and have seen the Heart play a few times. After a dodgy start, he actually performed quite well in the A league this year and despite some people believing the level of the a league being simiar to conference level, I would say similar to championship/league 1 level myself.

Heart did OK and reached the finals playing a very nice "dutch" style. Some of you on ere might remember the dutch national team of the late 80s with Gullitt, Van Basten etc. Melbourne Heart have been coached the last two years by John Van't Schip who played full back in that national team and I would imagine that he would have instilled a lot of the dutch defensive ethics into Good.

As an immediate first team squad member, he will not be but as part of the development squad, I can see him doing well.

We recently had Mustafa Amini from Central Coast Mariners on trial but he was released and picked up by Borrusia Dortmund and I reckon we made a mistake there because I can see him making a good career for himself.

We might want to look a kid from the other Melbourne Club, Melbourne Victory. He is an 18 year old midfielder called Joe Jeggo and a very good box to box midfieder. extremely mature for his age.

Anyone got any info on Kevin Strootman?

Just saw a couple of clips, he looks like a great box 2 box, overall had alot of nice qualities we might "miss" playing Guthrie.

Targeted by the big clubs I believe so probavbly out of our grasp.

Aye he's got another year pal. 5 year contract signed in 2008.

:scared:

Xisco playing Champions League football :lol:

I think he may have played CL football already, was part of the Depor squad when they were still playing in it.

Anyway, he's hardly featured for Depor this season. I don't think you'll be able to get him off your books next year.

Xisco? Doing a job for us? :yao:

Okay tbf, he probably does deserve a proper chance. After all, we do need a bigger squad for next season so to have him around could potentially be a nice option to have. Ultimately though, it's down to Pardew and the management whether or not Xisco should be part of the squad or not (although I guess the fact that he's been sent out on loan for two seasons in a row should be some sort of indication of where his placing is at the club).

He'd be a good signing, but I agree with this. Ideally we'd be looking for someone to help us keep a hold of the ball better, which is one of our current weaknesses, and Sigurdsson is more a player with impact in the final third rather than the middle of the pitch. Let Cabaye have more creative influence playing behind the front three and look for someone to compete with Tiote and Jonas a bit further back. Some talk that Sahin will be loaned to an English club next season - no reason why we couldn't go after him.