Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

The one Chilean player I'd love to see us sign would be Mauricio Isla but Udinese will absolutely claw the eyes out of prospective buyers when they do sell him.

Absolutely. Gary Medel has looked handy when I've seen him too, wouldn't be an upgrade on Tiote by any stretch though.

Does Isla play predominantly right-back now? Can play anywhere really can't he?

Yeah he's very versatile but plays mostly as a RB and RWB for Udinese. Most of Chile's squad are and they've largely got Bielsa to thank for that.

He's great but probably shouldn't be mentioned in this thread, he'll cost a fortune. Sooner we set up a scouting network in South America the better, plenty of players out there to sign even with work permit limitations.

Gary Medel is the real deal, absolutley love him. His application is second to none. One of my favourite non-NUFC players.

Seen him score. Sevilla got him fairly cheaply too IIRC.

Couple of good Isla but non-Isla types at U de Chile in Mati Rodriguez (who is Arg) and Eugenio Mena who play left side. If you're buying from direct from South America, especially if you're not buying from River/Boca/Brazil then the risk of them adapting to the game/culture is offset by the cost of the player unless they're an already prophesied superstar.

Given we have two settled South Americans here that could help them adapt I'm surprised we've not taken a couple of punts on players.

How about someone like Fellaini to replace Tiote? I know he doesn't play deep in midfield, but still....... we certainly wouldn't lose our competitiveness.

Cost Everton £15m, doubt they'd accept any less now.

I read it like our expectations have gone through the roof during this season, and people are wanting better players than before this season started. That people who would a take a player before the season, might not want them now.

I felt it was maybe directed at my post above that "Kalou is wank". I might be wrong, if so sorry  :)

Not at all, just a throwaway comment on how expectations have changed, probably for the better too.

I read it like our expectations have gone through the roof during this season, and people are wanting better players than before this season started. That people who would a take a player before the season, might not want them now.

I felt it was maybe directed at my post above that "Kalou is w***". I might be wrong, if so sorry  :)

we need players that can challenge our first team members... unfortunately our first team player bar RB & 1 CB is high quality. I dont like getting new players that just sit on bench... it might be better is just for someone sitting on bench just the youngsters.

I felt it was maybe directed at my post above that "Kalou is wank". I might be wrong, if so sorry  :)

Not at all, just a throwaway comment on how expectations have changed, probably for the better too.

Cheers, my reply was a little harsh :lol:

Expectations have changed a little indeed. But its refreshing to see that both fans and the club now are looking at up and coming young players that could fit into our squad. And not look just look at "big" names who might come.

Like it :thup:

I know most people look upon him as a twat, but would Adel Taarabt be an option if QPR goes down? I'm quite sure he will want away if so and would be cheaper then usual somewhere between 5-8? The boy clearly got potential, but still seems abit raw. Playing both him and HBA might cause some trouble as both would want to "playmake" in that sort of sense.

I know most people look upon him as a t***, but would Adel Taarabt be an option if QPR goes down? I'm quite sure he will want away if so and would be cheaper then usual somewhere between 5-8? The boy clearly got potential, but still seems abit raw. Playing both him and HBA might cause some trouble as both would want to "playmake" in that sort of sense.

He's the type of person who the board wouldnt tolerate, he would be a bit like Barton.

No way would I want Taarabt, requires too much time on the ball. Sulks off and goes missing all the time. If he had the right attitude he would be a good player but even then, I don't think he'd ever be a great player

So many daft money figures being thrown around. Like they'll even contemplate letting him go for that kind of money.

A quality left back or Debuchy, Mbiwa(/Douglas), and a couple of players like Knockaert and Amalfitano would be both realistic and great business. If we get CL, hoy in a central midfielder and a left winger, and we're sorted.

I must admit, I'm generally excited about the summer transfer window, as they have found the weakspots in our squad a long time ago and we might see those holes beeing filled this time around. If we even can muster up with some extra revenue from CL who knows what kind of bargains would be out there?

Don't know how realistic it might be, but if 'Arry goes this summer to manage England. How would people feel about Sandro fillint Tiotes shoes when he gets his "big money"-move?

How much compensation would Blackburn get for Hoillet? How do they calculate that stuff?

I'd say £5-6m.

If he were to not join a club before 1st July and then just leave the club to become a free agent we (or anyone) wouldnt have to pay compensation would we? Or have I been playing FM too much?

How much compensation would Blackburn get for Hoillet? How do they calculate that stuff?

I'd say £5-6m.

If he were to not join a club before 1st July and then just leave the club to become a free agent we (or anyone) wouldnt have to pay compensation would we? Or have I been playing FM too much?

No, doesn't work like that for clubs in the same country, obviously Blackburn want to keep him so have the right to claim compensation. Could see him leaving for free and going abroad in all honesty.