QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

SWP was made to look good by Ryan Taylor, most definitely.  Shola was his f***ing useless immobile, stumbling self.  Tiote's passing was shocking and Cabaye's wasn't much better.

Terrible performance.

In fairness SWP was genuinely good today, wasn't just Raylor who was making him look good.

Then again I could have sworn we were playing Barca's midfield in the second half, going by how good they looked compared to us.

his final ball was crap

no they werent, bad timing by bothroyd and a good block by saylor stopped him setting up 2 with good play.

many other of his balls in were easily dealt with though.

Very strange to see the comments that we wouldn't have got that point last year.

Every game must be referenced to NUFC 0 - 2 Blackpool. Howay Dave man, get with the programme.

Sounds daft but the trend with these fixtures suggest this result/performance is actually a turn up for the books. Blackpool, Hull, Derby, Palace, Norwich... the pattern goes way back. Promoted side... similar time in the season... typically a dreadful result. This isn't as bad in the scheme of things.

First to admit that i'm clutching at straws. :thup:

A useful point, but let's not let anyone kid themselves - a better side with a centre-forward less shit than Jay Bothroyd would have leathered us in this sort of state.

Krul 7 - relatively quiet, kicking much improved

Simpson 4 - no improvement from his last shit game, one or two canny blocks but weak in the tackle

S.Taylor 7 - fine

Coloccini 6 - nearly got caught playing out from the back once or twice, one amazing bit of skill second half

R.Taylor 5 - not great

Obertan 5 - hot and cold

Cabaye 6.5 - busy and good in the tackle, faded towards the end

Tiote 5 - very poor by his standards, dallied on the ball far too much. just fucking pass it!

Gutierrez 4 - full of shit

Best 6.5 - did well but faded

Shola 4 - pathetic

Subs:

Ba 5 - marginal improvement on Shola

Marveaux n/a

Sammy n/a

Was hoping Tiote and Cabaye would go there and run the game. Instead they got absolutely steamrollered by QPRs midfield. We just could not get a foothold in the game.

Think Cabaye will come good - he has shown he has the quality and doesnt mind the physical side, it might take time though.

Tiote really struggled when under pressure with the ball at his feet. Would like to think its just a bad patch but suspect its something teams have latched onto. Ever so slightly worried about him so far this season, not going to say anything drastic yet though.

Seriously need more from those 2 as soon as possible, especially since Gosling looked like someone who'd never played football before at Scunthorpe.

A creditable point. Mike Ashley deserves our thanks and applause for that. The faithful away contingent will be proud to have seen such a valiant performance in return for their effort in getting down to Loftus Road tonight.

Bollocks.

Simpson worse than Taylor? I don't think so.

I do. Simpson's positioning, time and again, makes me want to stick pins in my eyes. One particular QPR counter-attack from the edge of their own 18-yard area saw Simpson casually saunter into his own penalty area whilst Krul was gathering the ball from behind the goal. He's pathetic.

I do. Simpson's positioning, time and again, makes me want to stick pins in my eyes. One particular QPR counter-attack from the edge of their own 18-yard area saw Simpson casually saunter into his own penalty area whilst Krul was gathering the ball from behind the goal. He's pathetic.

Simpson was caught out of position a couple of times but on the whole he was solid and played the winger well. Taylor got rinsed time and time again by SWP.

Not the most inspiring £40 I've ever spent...still don't think it's quite worth all the doom-mongering though.

It was a disappointing performance against a QPR side who played above expectations with a number of new signings that had strengthened them and buoyed both the team and the crowd. Their three in the middle gave them control over our central midfield (which was the biggest disappointment for me, I knew Shola and Ryan were shit anyway, Chiek and Cabaye I had higher expectations for) and SWP played very well. We were let off by poor finishing at times but our last ditch defending was resolute and we still have the best defensive record in the division.

Sammy looked good in his brief cameo, Ba had a couple of nice touches and Best worked hard all night and was unlucky to be denied by a good save. Obertan is frustrating but looks as though he's capable of making things happen. There's a team in there somewhere, it's up to Pardew to eke it out.

We're 4th in the league FFS :lol:

Not the most inspiring £40 I've ever spent...still don't think it's quite worth all the doom-mongering though.

It was a disappointing performance against a QPR side who played above expectations with a number of new signings that had strengthened them and buoyed both the team and the crowd. Their three in the middle gave them control over our central midfield (which was the biggest disappointment for me, I knew Shola and Ryan were s*** anyway, Chiek and Cabaye I had higher expectations for) and SWP played very well. We were let off by poor finishing at times but our last ditch defending was resolute and we still have the best defensive record in the division.

Sammy looked good in his brief cameo, Ba had a couple of nice touches and Best worked hard all night and was unlucky to be denied by a good save. Obertan is frustrating but looks as though he's capable of making things happen. There's a team in there somewhere, it's up to Pardew to eke it out.

We're 4th in the league FFS :lol:

Good post

Well, just got in from the boozer and feel this is a game that was thrown away by the team selection.

Surely Santon should have started, surely Marveaux was worth a bash, surely Sammi has earned a shot etc etc. The team selection for me was pants, as was the inability to change things around when it was so obviously going wrong.

I usually like Pardew and his ability to change things but today I thought he was poor.

Thats not distracting from a large collection of players who looked as though they just couldnt be bothered tonight. Cabaye was poor, as was Tiote, Jonas and the entire strike force.

The defence did as well as they could bearing in mind they were shackled to the shite Simpson and Ryan Taylor.

The only way IMO that Pardew can turn this around is by having the cahoonas to play the right people from the start. Be brave.

Get Sinton in and Marveaux and Sammi.

Some incredible short sightedness here. No one can complain at eight points and a top four position, but if we don't address the baltent issues in our attacking play the positive results will sharp come to an end.

:thup: Agreed.

Some incredible short sightedness here. No one can complain at eight points and a top four position, but if we don't address the baltent issues in our attacking play the positive results will sharp come to an end.

Are you joking? Has a single person said we're flying or that there isn't stuff to work on? If anything it's the opposite - yes we were poor today and there are clear areas where drastic improvement is needed but you'd think it was our first point of the season and we were at the bottom of the table the way people are going on. It feels like everything has to be brilliant or shit on here at times (overall impression, not what everyone is saying) and it's ludicrous.

Guest optimistic nit

all of qprs chances in the first half came from swp, who was up against taylor. fair play he was out of positon and vs swp, but there is simply no way simpson was worse.

A midfield is only as good as what's in front of it

no. it's stupid to look at a section of the team in isolation like that. in truth the midfileld is only as good as whats behind it, in front of it and to the sides of it, the movemnet it has, the technique it has, the vision it has,the strength it has...........and as yet i think ours could be so much better than it has been given nthe personnel.