Nottingham Forest v NUFC - 20/09/11 @ 7.45pm - Carling Cup 3rd Round (not on TV)

Fenham Mag

hello friends NEWCASTLE

how can we watch the game ;)

accept the message MP  :whistle:

Only option is to travel to Nottingham, England my friend.

Surely its a stream somewhere??

Not that i would recommend anyone to do it, as its illegal.

And you, how are you going to follow the match ?

Probably on English radio. Did you watch the Aston Villa match Mimi? What did you think of Cabaye? Is that more like how he played for Lille (supporting the attack from midfield)?

I only watched the second half. I thought Cabaye was brilliant and well, he deserved a goal at least for the numerous attempts he had/made.

In Lille, he played pretty much like that. He could easily play a more offensive role in you midfield. That is what i said last time, it would be a waste if you didn't take advantage of his offensive capability. But for that you have to play much "in feet" and not throw long balls to your forwards.

I really can see him scoring around 5-8 goals for you during the season.

I hope that the QPR game was a one-off and that we will play the ball on the ground from now on, especially with the return (fingers crossed) of Ben Arfa and the impact Cabaye had with a better passing game against Villa. It's good to hear (and see) that Cabaye can be a potent attacking force from midfield, as I was a bit worried he was playing too deep in our previous games. Hopefully Pardew and Cabaye now realise that he is at his best for us when he supports from midfield and has a bit more freedom, and we have Tiote cleaning up behind him.

hello friends NEWCASTLE

I was tempted to break the law and stream.

But does not look like it will be shown anywhere. :tickedoff:

I refuse to give up! Can anyone here bring a HD cam and stream it live for us at NO? :lol:

These are the moments where clubs should be allowed to stream the match on their own website. I would happily pay for nufcTV for a year just to see the coming back party for Ben Arfa.

Guest mimifrench

hello friends NEWCASTLE

Probably on English radio. Did you watch the Aston Villa match Mimi? What did you think of Cabaye? Is that more like how he played for Lille (supporting the attack from midfield)?

I only watched the second half. I thought Cabaye was brilliant and well, he deserved a goal at least for the numerous attempts he had/made.

In Lille, he played pretty much like that. He could easily play a more offensive role in you midfield. That is what i said last time, it would be a waste if you didn't take advantage of his offensive capability. But for that you have to play much "in feet" and not throw long balls to your forwards.

I hope that the QPR game was a one-off and that we will play the ball on the ground from now on, especially with the return (fingers crossed) of Ben Arfa and the impact Cabaye had with a better passing game against Villa. It's good to hear (and see) that Cabaye can be a potent attacking force from midfield, as I was a bit worried he was playing too deep in our previous games. Hopefully Pardew and Cabaye now realise that he is at his best for us when he supports from midfield and has a bit more freedom, and we have Tiote cleaning up behind him.

Surely it was. Cabaye is a very constant, regular player.

Give him a bit freedom, put Tiote behind him and in a few weeks you'll probably have one of the best midfield in the PL.

From what i've read here, it seems to be that Cabaye has already succeed to make you forget (both physically  :lol: and in term of football speaking) your captain Nolan...

hello friends NEWCASTLE

Give him a bit freedom, put Tiote behind him and in a few weeks you'll probably have one of the best midfield in the PL.

From what i've read here, it seems to be that Cabaye has already succeed to make you forget (both physically  :lol: and in term of football speaking) your captain Nolan...

Cabaye is a hundred times more gifted than Nolan, and also has a better engine to help out defensively. We will obviously miss the amount of goals Nolan scored last season, but I think Cabaye can get between 5 and 10 hopefully (in the league) and he offers so much more in other areas of his game than Nolan that yes, I think everyone has pretty much forgotten about Nolan. As for Cabaye's looks - ooh la la! Im definitely developing some sort of man crush on him.

Guest mimifrench

hello friends NEWCASTLE

Cabaye is a hundred times more gifted than Nolan, and also has a better engine to help out defensively. We will obviously miss the amount of goals Nolan scored last season, but I think Cabaye can get between 5 and 10 hopefully (in the league) and he offers so much more in other areas of his game than Nolan that yes, I think everyone has pretty much forgotten about Nolan. As for Cabaye's looks - ooh la la! Im definitely developing some sort of man crush on him.

:lol:

Well, he is elegant but that's all.

hello friends NEWCASTLE

I was tempted to break the law and stream.

But does not look like it will be shown anywhere. :tickedoff:

I refuse to give up! Can anyone here bring a HD cam and stream it live for us at NO? :lol:

It's not on TV anywhere, people will have to find a radio link somewhere (not here). Radio streams are still illegal, unfortunately.

hello friends NEWCASTLE

:lol:

Well, he is elegant but that's all.

Name me a better looking footballer! You clearly have very high standards Mimi.

Guest mimifrench

I prefer Cabaye to mimi.

It's just because you havn't seen me yet...  :lol:

I always knew you prefered men to women. But it is ok, everybody has its preferences...

Guest Haris Vuckic

For some reason I dislike Forest a lot. Possibly because they are a backwater club yet somehow have two European cups or perhaps because Clough could've done more here. There's probably a multitude of reasons.

I think we can probably afford to give a couple of players a rest whilst maintaining a relatively strong team. We should probably see how the game is going before risking Ben Arfa, if the game has descended into a kicking contest frankly I wouldn't bother.

Resting Taylor and Colo :lol:

Aye let's just line up:

Krul

Simpson                              Fergie

Tiote  Cabaye 

Gosling            Guthrie

Sammy        Marveaux        Jonas

Ba

:laugh:

Resting Taylor and Colo :lol:

Aye let's just line up:

Krul

Simpson                              Fergie

Tiote  Cabaye 

Gosling            Guthrie

Sammy        Marveaux        Jonas

Ba

:laugh:

Steve Bruce-esque :frantic: :laugh:

Something I've always thought is that when you're resting players, you try to keep your defence the same, unless one of them really is knackered. Mix the midfield/forwards up but keep the defence together as that's the area that most needs quality communication and togetherness in the team.

Something I've always thought is that when you're resting players, you try to keep your defence the same, unless one of them really is knackered. Mix the midfield/forwards up but keep the defence together as that's the area that most needs quality communication and togetherness in the team.

That's fair enough usually but defence is one of the areas we are light in numbers, so if we could rotate a couple of players to avoid possible injury it would be good. Perch at CB if Colo's playing and Ferguson at LB might be worth a gamble.

Guest VaVaVoom

Looking forward to this one.

I've got family in Nottingham and I've always had a soft fpot for them but i hope our second team or "development squad" if you like shows how far we've come since the last time we were at Forest.

I'd like AP to go with...

---Elliott---

Raylor---Saylor---Perch---Ferguson

Barfa---Guthrie---Gosling*---Marveaux

---Best---Ba---

Bench: Harper, Simpson, Saylor, Cabaye, Obertan, Shola and Sameobi.

*Slight doubt with hamstring.

I'd give Perch a go, give him a chance against his old club and boyhood team to impress (Last chance). Best will be fired up as he is a county fan and in good form. Also him and Ba looked good against Villa so another chance to build on their partnership.

Its a side that should beat Forest quite comfortably and a chance to rest/bench a few key players too. Really looking forward to seeing what Barfa can do and would have him on either wing. Get running at defenders and get a bit of confidence. Im not expecting too much though, just a few nice touches and that he looks fit. Anything more and its a bonus.

3-1 Guthrie, Best and Ba